Library issues

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3Dv4/v5

Screenshot:  showing the new library path folder vs the old path still listed in Central: https://prnt.sc/tiqg0m

Showing that the new Library path has been created and set in Central: https://prnt.sc/tiqgrb

Issue:  I made and migrated a new Orbx Library to a drive with more space. Everything was moved over fine and LORBI Addon Manager shows everything in the right file path now, but Central still shows everything in the old library path. If I try to click on verify files in hopes it would force Central to see the new path, it only gives me an error that the library path does not exist ... I know it does not exist because I moved it! - using the procedures outlined in this post:

There are still green check marks next to everything, so is there anything that needs to be done to get Central to see the new library path?

I will attach my log in a few moments when the package install completes as Central will not allow to post when the log is being actively edited by the program.

Hi Steven,

Can you confirm that you fully restarted Central after moving your library? That's the only reason I can think that the products would still show as installed (green tick), but wouldn't actually be in the location that Central expects.

You will need to right click on Central in the notification tray, then click quit:

image.png

I had done that as per the instructions in the quoted post. It seems that it took a couple of times for Central to catch up ... everything looks to be OK now in there. Strangly enough, the sim had the library location change mapped perfectly even when Central was showing the old path.

Archived