Uninstalling P3Dv4 and all addons.

Hey y' all, I need some advice.

I am going to be uninstalling P3Dv4 and all of my addons to make room. P3Dv5 is working very well for me and I don't even use V4 anymore. I am starting to uninstall all of my addon's one by one and am getting ready to remove all of the v4 Orbx stuff.

I have some info I need.

1st, What is the "OrbXBackup" folder? It has 430GB of data in it, will any of the V4 stuff I uninstall also clear up their related files in this folder? And, do I actually NEED this folder to properly run my Orbx addons? I don't think in 3 years I have ever used it.

2nd, Once I uninstall al of my V4 Orbx stuff can I delete the P3Dv4 Library folder? As long as version 5 is working as well as it is I have no intention of reinstalling V4 ever again.

3rd, Is there any pitfalls to doing this as far as screwing up my V5 install?

thanks guys for any help.

RC

Hello,

if your backups in the backup folder are three years old and were made by FTX Central, they are redundant.

Please don't delete the p3dv4 folder, Orbx Central will only write it back. Feel free to delete the contents.

If done carefully, there should not be any effect on P3D v5.

Hello Nick, I do believe these backups (and the backup folder) were mostly from my original install of P3Dv4 in 2017, but then there seems to be some that are newer as some of the folders are dated in the 2020 date range. So it's a mixture of folders (I assume backups) from 2017 - 2020.

I would assume any folder dated older than 2020 would be safe to remove once P3Dv4 is uninstalled?

And I will go slow and be as careful as I can, I'm only removing a few add-ons a night, checking afterword's to see if anything gets affected in my P3Dv5 install. 

Thanks sir.

• 2 weeks later...

One more question Nick if it's ok, should I leave the other stuff alone under "Misc" in the V4 profile? Like the SODE, MVAMS, RealLight.... etc? OR, should all of that be uninstalled under the P3Dfv4 profile as well?

thanks man

Ok finished up everything today, everything went fairly well.

As I assumed I had some small issues, I had a CTD with V5 that was caused by AI Lights reborn and/or UGCX, so I just removed them both and reinstalled and then V5 works again. I ran all of the Orbx uninstallers on all my V4 Orbx stuff and it cleared out the folder for me, which was cool, and it looks like Orbx stuff is working fine.

I was wondering though, can I move that V5 Orbx library folder to another drive? (If so, what are the steps?) I would like it to be on the same drive as V5, OR, is it better for it to be on another drive other then the one P3Dv5 is installed on?

thanks Nick!

That's what I was thinking, same drive.

Should be pretty easy if I can do it from within central. I don't think I have ever looked into the users guide...lol

thanks again Nick, that should do it!!

Archived