What are the Orbx back up file, 5.63 Gigs?

T-Bone

My SSD is almost tapped out and i’m looking at ways to free up some space. I noticed there is a file called Orbx Backup File that is taking up 5.63 gig. What is this exactly, do I need it, and is it something I can remove or remove parts of to free up some space? Please dumb it down for me, i’m not to computer literate. Thanks.

3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

My SSD is almost tapped out and i’m looking at ways to free up some space. I noticed there is a file called Orbx Backup File that is taking up 5.63 gig. What is this exactly, do I need it, and is it something I can remove or remove parts of to free up some space? Please dumb it down for me, i’m not to computer literate. Thanks.

You have a default setting in Orbx central to make backup copies of your Orbx downloads. These will be used if you need to reinstall an addon rather than downloading it again, Orbx Central will use the backup copy

You can untick the Backups option via Orbx Central/settings/downloader as shown in the attached pic.

If you don't want any back up copies then you can safely just delete them or just the ones you want to delete.

Personally I don't make backup copies as they use up a lot of space. You can actually move the Backup copy file to a larger drive and edit the location path of the new folder if you wish to still have backup copies made.

See the green markings in the attached pic:

1.thumb.JPG.c6cbcf7a58f6ad06faf10690ce73984b.JPG

Archived