What DRIVE do you want M.S. Flight Sim 2020 to INSTALL on?

Orbx Flyer

A forum member Public Service Message :)

By Default...it will  (from the Microsoft Store) download to a protected App Folder on C: drive.  So...when it become available, that means that 135 GB will be soaked up on your C: Drive.  If you DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN...and you'd like control of where M.S. Flight Sim 2020 will download to, is simple:

Go to W10---SETTINGS----SYSTEM----STORAGE (at the bottom of the page under More Storage Settings,  choose Change Where New Content Is Saved---at the top  New Apps Will Be Saved To (drop down your list of hard drives and USB drives (like My Books as an example) they should all be there...and make your choice.  Done...now when you purchase (if you decide to)  M.S. Flight Simulator 2020 from the Microsoft Store,  it will download and reside on your chosen drive.  Unless you do this....it will install on your C: Drive

I purchased a 10 TB hard drive JUST for anticipation of M.S. Flight Sim 2020.  So...I now have any and all future content from the M.S. store, will be downloaded to this drive. Also, if you pre-order,  after you do, you will see INSTALL M.S. Flight Sim...and when you do, it will download to your system prerequisite files needed for WHEN next month the actual sim will be available to download.  When you have completed this...you will now see on your APP selection menus..under MICROSOFT, a new entry;  Microsoft Flight Simulator. On August 18, after 21:00 hours, if you will then press that tab...THAT will start the full install of this much anticipated goodie.   So, if you are truly interested and motivated to purchase this new generation flight sim...I'd suggest you do this ASAP.  Then...come the day,  a no brainer....press that start tab...and soon,  you will be flying the next generation flight sim!

FYI

Cheers

Archived