Orbx Not rcongnizing P3D

Hello! I am having a horrible issue with Orbx not recognizing P3D V4.5. For some unknown reason Orbx had some kind of glitch and had ask what sim I was running and I of course selected P3D, and now it has everything screwed up some how! Please help me resolve this issue! P3D isn't recognizing some of my sceaneries and other things. Thank you in advanced!

Andre Chambers

Hello Andre,

it looks like Chicago X and your other addons are installed into an Orbx Library, so they don't need scenery library entries.

Probably the quickest way to solve the problem is to say yes to unload for each one and then open your in game scenery

library and delete all the entries that are your addon scenery and are not ticked.

Hello,

the other possibility is that you have inadvertently moved your folder at

F:\Games\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D\addon scenery.

In either case, replying Yes to the error message should disable the scenery library

entry and therefore show an unticked box.

Please make sure that further down your scenery library, there are no duplicate entries.

Yes sir, I do, For some unknown reason, I am only able to get KDEN, and KPHX of my Flightbeam sceneries to work, I eaven tried reinstalling the ones that are not working and for some unknown reason they will not install! I do not have a clue! I really hope you can help me correct this HORRIBLE issue

Hello,

using Chicago X as the example, can you go to F:\Games\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D\addon scenery\Chicago X

and see what is there. The path that the simulator cannot find seems to be

F:\Games\Lockheed Martin Prepar3D\addon scenery\Chicago X\scenery, so I wonder if the files could have been

moved somehow?

Hello Nick, the scenery files are still showing installed when I view them through explorer.  However, when I load P3d, it is not recognizing them.  (it still prompts me to "off load" them.   I checked through the control panel to see if the "missing scenery" show up as installed, the do not show up at all.  I have tried reinstalling several of the scenery, and they are now being recognized by P3d as it loads up.  (it no longer asks me if I want to "unload" this scenery)  I am going to reinstall those scenery that have gone "missing"  and then will follow up with reinstalling the balance of my Orbx scenery, run vector, and see if everything is back to normal.  What I have been able to determine is that I probably do not have to un-install P3d & accessories and do a fresh install.

I'll Keep you posted.  Thank you for getting back to me.

Regards,

Andre

Archived