Aircraft Modification

Hello all,

I'm trying to get into aircraft modification. Basically I recently acquired a few aircraft. However there are a few minor things I would like to correct with them. However I am at a loss as to what kind of software I may need to access some of the files. I am familiar with the various CFG files. But one answer eludes me. How do I modify the systems?

Or more succinct: if a switch says avionics in the aircraft but actually controls the alternator, how/ where do I go to modify this?

How are the switches in the virtual cockpit mapped to the "systems" that p3d recognizes?

So basically any info would be greatly appreciated. If there is another thread or forum that answers these questions, please direct me there.

Thank you for your time

Brian

Hello Brian,

aircraft used to have a panel.cfg file which controlled all the gauges and was easily edited with Notepad.

Much less so now, there is of course still a panel.cfg file but the gauges are mostly "baked" into the model

and inaccessible to the end user.

fsdeveloper is the place to be.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Brian,

aircraft used to have a panel.cfg file which controlled all the gauges and was easily edited with Notepad.

Much less so now, there is of course still a panel.cfg file but the gauges are mostly "baked" into the model

and inaccessible to the end user.

fsdeveloper is the place to be.

I appreciate the insight. Ill check out the fsdeveloper.

Thank you for your time!!

Archived