Orbx non compatible products with P3D V5, needs updating

Sorry Bert, in my Orbx Direct, CAC8 is only listed until Prepar3d4 and not available under Orbx Central. CAX6 Ganges is available, though.

Kind regards, Michael

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

The Freeware Nanaimo etc sceneries by Larry R. have been updated, and are now compatible.

Hi Bert, 

This is news to me. I've made no updates. I don't even know what I could do to give the performance in v5 users have come to expect near the seaplane dock other than start from scratch and pray. (Sorry, I'm too old for starting over.)

Cheers,

23 minutes ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Bert, 

This is news to me. I've made no updates. I don't even know what I could do to give the performance in v5 users have come to expect near the seaplane dock other than start from scratch and pray. (Sorry, I'm too old for starting over.)

Cheers,

I don't understand this. Most users observe improved performance in Prepar3d5, and mine is certainly not worse than Prepar3d4, probably better indeed. So why would you expect performance issues with your sceneries?

Kind regards, Michael

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I don't understand this. Most users observe improved performance in Prepar3d5, and mine is certainly not worse than Prepar3d4, probably better indeed. So why would you expect performance issues with your sceneries?

Despite my hopes, this is what users found during the brief time when the SPBs were available for v5. On this basis they are not compatible. I have found no improvement on my system with the latest hotfixes and the upgrade to Win 2004. During the v5 beta I spend many hours on this problem, with some improvement over time but in the end, not enough. If you don't mind me being frank, I'm discouraged. 

I guess I got lucky in that I installed them "in the brief time they were available for V5"..

I have noticed no problems and would hate to miss them..

I do hope that Orbx Central does not remove them from my system! :huh:

(Larry are you listening?..)

On 7/7/2020 at 5:31 PM, Larry_R said:

Hi Bert, 

Cheers,

Hi Larry, no need for action, as far as I am concerned.. just please do not take them away from me!

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hi Larry, no need for action, as far as I am concerned.. just please do not take them away from me!

Hi Bert,  

I don't know enough about the internal workings of Orbx Central to know exactly what might happen. Maybe you have already found out. My guess is that simply running OC, perhaps to install a new product would not affect your existing installations. But I'm not sure what might happen if you run 'sync simulator'.  It's possible the ordering might get messed up but I just don't know.

Larry

4 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Bert,  

I don't know enough about the internal workings of Orbx Central to know exactly what might happen. Maybe you have already found out. My guess is that simply running OC, perhaps to install a new product would not affect your existing installations. But I'm not sure what might happen if you run 'sync simulator'.  It's possible the ordering might get messed up but I just don't know.

Larry

I've made a backup... just in case!  B)

Archived