Animation not 'functional' in Windows 10

Cuffie

July 7, 2020

Dear Orbx Forum,

I recently (January 2020) needed to upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10, a move driven by Microsoft's cessation of support for Win7.

As I have gradually flown through the 75 Orbx sceneries I have in my FSX programme I have found that many of the previously animated objects(people, animals and other airports objects) have ceased to move as they used to in the Windows 7 environment.

I notice online, in your freeware Global Airport Pack that you mention that Orbx Central runs on Windows7+, macOS and Linux and I am wondering if my new Windows 10 OS has decided to play more tricks on Orbx scenery displays - as it has on many other programmes that have required serious detection efforts to sort out why things do not work in Windows 10 as they did in Windows 7.

Looking at content of installed ORBXLIBS (=1.85GB) I found many bgl files denoted as "animation" instructions  - e.g. _CF_Anim_Cattle01.BGL;

_CF_Anim_Dogs01.BGL;  _CF_Anim_Horses01.BGL; _CF_Anim_Others01.BGL; _CF_animated_birds01.BGL; _CF_animated_insects01.BGL;

are there to used but they do not seem to be.

I am assuming that these .bgl files control the animation "entities" in all Orbx sceneries where they are placed.

Does Windows 10 for some reason not allow those instructions to be executed.

I am having very similar issues with "User Account Control" access that I did not have with Windows 7.

All FSX files including Orbx sceneries have been professionally "cloned" over from my Windows 7 SSD hard drive to the Windows 10 SSD.

Every other programme has performed flawlessly apart from this feature of Orbx sceneries.

Can you advise any way to RE-ANIMATE my Orbx sceneries. 

Re-installing them is not an option as many were purchased from third party retailers prior to your set up of FTX Central and I have not found a way to get these (+32 sceneries ) 'approved' as owned by me through your FTX Central system.

All AI aircraft work as they did in Windows 7

Anticipating positive assistance.

Regards,

Ross Cuff

ross.cuff65@gmail.com

Hello Ross,

welcome to the forums.

I don't think that there is a connection between your change of operating system and the problem.

The more likely explanation is that objectflow is either missing or not working.

Please have a look at this topic and see if it helps.

Archived