Orbx Central Not working

Orbx Central does not download or install my purchased products. It will just show "Installing" with a progress bar that never changes. I tried to download the "Free" Orbx Library to side step Orbx Central but it only offers a .zip file that is 0 bytes?

Please help me.

7 hours ago, cliftmaples said:

Orbx Central does not download or install my purchased products. It will just show "Installing" with a progress bar that never changes. I tried to download the "Free" Orbx Library to side step Orbx Central but it only offers a .zip file that is 0 bytes?

Please help me.

@Nick Cooper please advise.

@cliftmaples what exactly are you trying to download/install besides the orbxLibs library?

Have you got all the prerequisites necessary to run Orbx Central as per this link?

Also attach your Orbx Central Log file available via Orbx Central/settings/help. See pic below:

2.thumb.JPG.7b14f6abae9570af53b5c7d880ab9f4c.JPG

I'm trying to install the "Meribel Airport" which is an extension of the "Courchevel Airport" for X-Plane which I purchased as well. As you can see in [InstallHung] screenshot it just stays at installing and never progresses beyond that. This also shows the "TerraFlora" "Courchevel Airport" and "Libraries" as being installed. I could not get any of them to install normally so copied these from an older installation backup. Which by the way did install correctly a few weeks ago except for the "Meribel Airport" which I could not get to install at that time either. I have since changed my X-Plane install to a different location and stopped using the BETA and installed a fresh install of the release version V11.41.

The [Redistributable_Installed] screenshot shows all the Redistributables that I currently have installed, all of which were already present but the 2013 version which I did install this morning but seemed to have no effect on my issue.

The last [NoScrollOption] screenshot I've included to show that there is no scroll option on the "Store" screen to scroll to the right when I hover my mouse over it or otherwise. Not sure if this is related to the problem I am having but just want to include the info.

The log is also attached.

Thank you for your help,

InstallHung.PNG

NoScrollOption.PNG

Redistributable_Installed.PNG

LogFile.txt

I took a look in the Windows Event Viewer and noticed a lot of (The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID ...) errors when I tried to use the application. Despite being the "only" user of this machine and being in the local "Administrator" group the application wasn't being given permission to execute (even when right-clicking and running as Administrator). This was the only user on my computer so I had to enable the "Administrator" login by executing Net user administrator /active:yes’ in a command window and restarting the machine. This gave me the option to log in as "Administrator" and when I did this I was able to do a fresh install of "Orbx Central" and have it work as intended.

This fixed the problem in a round about way, I still have to log out/back in as Administrator if I want to use "Orbx Central" which is not Ideal. I will be sure to copy all the content I have purchased to an offline drive and manually insert into my "Custom Scenery" folder should I need to re-install/move my X-Plane application.

Maybe a fresh install of Windows 10 would fix whatever caused my issue with permissions but I am disappointed at how "Orbx Central" gives the user absolutely NO indication of why it is failing and will be hesitant to purchase any additional content from Orbx.

Please pass this along to the "Orbx Central Team" for me, as honestly I've put in enough time/guess work to use my purchased content and do not intend to figure out how to do that as well.

Archived