Orbx AFRICA

Toto-Free

I would like to start seeing Africa being updated with city, land, and airport improvements. Pretoria in South Africa is missing the Union Buildings, and the Voortrekker Monument, and a bunch more points of interest. There is a ton of SCENERY work to do in Africa and none of the developers seem to be interested in it.  Orbx needs to find some developers already living and established  in South Africa and ask them to do it. There are quite a few of them. Africa is a very interesting continent lots to see. 

No, sorry, Orbx does not NEED to find developers interested in updating Africa.  It'd be nice if any put their hands up and said yeah we'll do it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Now... what Africa needs is a bunch of freeware airport makers similar to the OZx group here in Australia.  IF you're not aware of the amazing difference OZx has made to Australia, then you might get a sense of it from this thread:  

There's nothing to stop people interested in adding to the African scenery from using any of the scenery design tools out there to create scenery which can then sit on the improved landclass that Orbx has provided.

There's a few LITE airports out there like the one produced for GOBD - cost less because not a lot of demand for such places. Saying that, even the sim doesnt know about that particular principal international airport. Which is very Africa.

I too look forward to a full portfolio of Africa offerings from Orbx, but in the meantime you know there are a few Africa Only developers out there building for Africa and P3d including V5. 

Do a google search for Africa Scenery P3d v5. Prices are awesome too. I’m going to buy a few while I wait on Orbx. That’s ok tho, as I just bought Orbx EGNT too!

-Braun

Archived