Why is this happening

Please see attached screen shots. These were taken at Malaga. I have Orbx BASE/VECTOR/TREES HD/BUILDINGS HD/OPEN LC EUROPE/AFRICA/SOUTH AMERICA.

Why is the scenery so blocky with roads just suddenly stopping, buildings sloping on hilsides,bits of scenery in random places etc - it's generally a mess. 

Can't belive Orbx products are meant to look like this so i assume something is wrong with my library set up possibly ?

Thanks in advance

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

That's pretty normal for landclass products.  They are not able to show features as a True Earth product does, as they just assign a land 'class' (or type) to an area from a limited range of options.  The simulator has 1km x 1km land class cells as a base standard, and where possible the developers will shape the land class to more closely match the area being portrayed, but there will always be a cutoff from one landclass area to the next.  it works better in some scenery areas than others, this seems to be an area where it is not a good look. 

Basically, as long as you are seeing agricultural land where farms are, and some sort of urban textures where towns and cities are, that's what you can expect from a land class product.  it's a step up from the default scenery but must always be aided by a good dose of imagination.

19 minutes ago, John Dow said:

That's pretty normal for landclass products.  They are not able to show features as a True Earth product does, as they just assign a land 'class' (or type) to an area from a limited range of options.  The simulator has 1km x 1km land class cells as a base standard, and where possible the developers will shape the land class to more closely match the area being portrayed, but there will always be a cutoff from one landclass area to the next.  it works better in some scenery areas than others, this seems to be an area where it is not a good look. 

Basically, as long as you are seeing agricultural land where farms are, and some sort of urban textures where towns and cities are, that's what you can expect from a land class product.  it's a step up from the default scenery but must always be aided by a good dose of imagination.

Thanks for the reply John - useful information thank you. Just happy it's not my sim set up causing this

Archived