737 from Cairns to Gold Coast - beautiful weather [many images]

alex330

Hello friends,

this set has been waiting on my HD for some time.

It doesn't show the YBBN glory nor the PNW bushes, but still I really like this combination of the beautiful pure FTX Australia style with this plane and some great looking REX clouds and water.

Hope you like it too :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Almost like watching it from the ground:

Posted Image

Beautifully modelled Coffs airport environment:

Posted Image

Posted Image

REX sky wonders:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And that great view is FTX AU "default"! (I think it's "Gold"...)

Posted Image

A spotter's position close to the Gold Coast runway:

Posted Image

Touchdown.

Posted Image

Arrived at the gate. Looks like there are some more holiday makers there.

Posted Image

C&C very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

Ok Alex,

First of all, I think your shots are first class and I for one, think that's a spanker of a paint job!

Having said that, can I ask where did you get the paint from?

I've just spent a sizeable amount of time recreating her and obviously it's around somewhere. Is that the default FSX 737?

Frank

I notice most of those shots were taken with the aircraft at a relatively low altitude.

My one gripe with Orbx is that above 20000ft the beige, dry default shows on the horizon, and take a Citation to 50k feet it is very prominent.

With PNW the underlying UTX, GEX, REX supplies a good transition, but we do not seem to have the same in this country although the Orbx scenery does cover the entire country.

Would something like FSAltitude properly located in the Scenery Library provide this coverage?

Ok Alex,

First of all, I think your shots are first class and I for one, think that's a spanker of a paint job!

Having said that, can I ask where did you get the paint from?

I've just spent a sizeable amount of time recreating her and obviously it's around somewhere. Is that the default FSX 737?

Frank

I think there are a couple out there Frank, for the old PMDG 737 and the POSKY 737-800 as well.

http://www.projectopensky.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=201

and from Fltsim:

Name: yananyi3.zip  Size: 10,164,570 Date: 05-02-2008 Downloads: 722

FS2004 Qantas Boeing 737-800, registration VH-VX, "Yananyi Dreaming". Textures only for the payware Overland B737-800 model. Repaint by Chris Hatcher.

Name: sl738qyd.zip  Size: 10,730,640 Date: 01-08-2006 Downloads: 947

FS2004 Qantas Boeing 737-800 "Yananyi Dreaming", registration VH-VXB. Textures only for the payware PMDG B737-800. Painted by Stefan Leppek (SLAP4U.net).

Name: pmdg_yan.zip  Size: 8,724,325 Date: 07-03-2005 Downloads: 946

FS2004 Qantas Boeing 737-800 "Yananyi Dreaming". A repaint of the payware B737-800 by PMDG in Qantas' Yananyi Dreaming livery. Used textures from AJ Nikoley. Painted by Chris Moroney.

There are quite a few others, search for "Yananyi"

I love the approach to Goldie. Great shots, a nice refreshing change. Back to the traditional roots of Orbx.

I think the best merge is the Default FSX VC into the POSky 737 model. Seems to go quite well.

Max.

Thank you very much everybody for the kind comments!

@ Frank, archie is right, this is the Posky 738, and the link he provided is the correct one:

Just in case you should have problems getting it, just drop me a PM with your email and I will try to find it on my HD for you :)

@ Marka, my system is an almost old one, Intel E6750 (DualCore), nvidia 8800GT, 4GB DDR3 (new ones, but still they give me crashes).

Above let's say 5000ft, most of my ground scenery is pretty sharp, but a big jet low above some city scenery will give me the blurries. So - as I don't want to pull the sliders back - I have to live with tradeoffs: Sometimes with blurry ground textures, sometimes (if I want to marvel at the landscape) with occasionally hitting "p" in the game. Which in turn gives me the chance to grab some screenshots ;)

@ Nyxx: It's the Posky model (Project Opensky - look here: www.projectopensky.com ). Imho the model is better than the FSX default one, and you can use the MS default VC with it, even though it takes some effort to make it work with it.

Great shots Alex but is is actually Coffs Harbour to the Gold Coast :)

Thank you everybody, and Hugh, you're right of course!

I don't know what I was thinking when I was typing the title. When I noticed the fault, it was too late to edit.

You may notice that I got the location right in the text above #5  :P  ::)

Still I'm glad you liked the shots anyway  ;D

Archived