Insufficient space for Libraries

Steve G

I have True Earth UK Central and South installed and I see there are updates available which require Libraries to also be installed.  I have 300 MB available but am unable to update as I get an error saying not enough space to install Libraries.  Can anyone please tell me how much disk space is needed for the Libraries as I can not find this information?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Steve G said:

I have True Earth UK Central and South installed and I see there are updates available which require Libraries to also be installed.  I have 300 MB available but am unable to update as I get an error saying not enough space to install Libraries.  Can anyone please tell me how much disk space is needed for the Libraries as I can not find this information?

Thanks

Any chance of a pic of the message you are receiving. My understanding is that the TE series do not require for example OrbxlibsXP but that that library is required for Orbx airports.

@Tony Wroblewski for confirmation please.

There are only 2 libraries in Orbx and one is the OrbxlibsXP which is 700MB to download and is 1.33GB when installed.

The other is SAM which is not an Orbx library but required for moving jetways in a couple of the addon airports. The installed size of that library is around  <250MB.

How many disks do you have? On which disk is your Temp folder. By default in Windows it is on your C drive. Is it the C drive that has 300GB of freee space space?

I suggest clearing your temp folder and any backups. The location of these options are in the attached pic.

I cannot offer further advice until I know more details about where your Temp folder is and if you have XP installed on a different drive,i.e. the one with 300GB of free space.

1.thumb.JPG.4b6dc650986ace2ce98e9491c932949b.JPG

Thanks Jon. That is exactly what I needed to know!  The downloader settings were to the C: drive which has little spare space so I have changed them to my D: SSD where all my X-plane resides.  All updated now - no problems.  Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

10 hours ago, Steve G said:

Thanks Jon. That is exactly what I needed to know!  The downloader settings were to the C: drive which has little spare space so I have changed them to my D: SSD where all my X-plane resides.  All updated now - no problems.  Thanks again for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

That's good news.Glad to help.

Archived