Building HD roofs, standard building shells

Hi Folks,

Got an unusual problem...

I was flying around the Orbx PNW and I noticed trees were not TerraFlora v2.

Then I noticed the buildings of the area were standard and not Buildings HD.

Then I found out the trees were default and even Trees HD were not working.

All were library installed.

Versions for reference, P3D 4.5.HF3, Orbx Central 4.1.13 and example pics below.

What it used to look like.

D61F9F386D1264BED61C3FC72E7ABA4A1DCF0A9E

What it looks like now.

B6F45952814CC4AA4525F36A10526B7D4930ECE5

The above pic is where I'm at atm, I have TerraFlora v2 back in operation and Buildings HD has its roofs but not its shells (actually roofs only as an option would be good for the tubeliner crew).

And I'm afraid at this point I'm stumped...

To get to this point the following was performed.

First I though I would tackle trees with an uninstall and reinstall of Trees HD (I have both Trees HD and TerraFlora v2).

Uninstall was fine, reinstall failed with Error Unknown... See cut from log.

2020-06-25T02:12:24.567Z [INFO] [Central::InstallationService] - Beginning installation of Global Trees HD
2020-06-25T02:12:28.291Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Installing to H:\Addons_P3D\04.Scenery\Orbx\!Base\p3dv4\Global Trees HD
2020-06-25T02:12:29.026Z [DEBUG] [Central::SimulatorService] - Using simIsRunningCache
2020-06-25T02:12:29.026Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: Actions are allowed.
2020-06-25T02:12:29.026Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: Library is ok.
2020-06-25T02:12:29.026Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: Simulator is ok.
2020-06-25T02:12:29.027Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: No antirequisites found.
2020-06-25T02:12:29.027Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Trees HD has 0 prerequisite(s).
2020-06-25T02:12:29.027Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Creating H:\Addons_P3D\04.Scenery\Orbx\!Base\p3dv4\Global Trees HD
{}
[]
2020-06-25T02:12:29.035Z [ERROR] [Central::InstallationService] - {}

Wierd I though considering all had origionaly installed fine.

The only difference with this particular library was a ! in the name (for ordering purposes) which was fine when I had originally installed everything.

Changed the library name to remove the ! and Tress HD re-installed - result equaled no change.

Installed Trees HD to sim and Trees HD started working.

Uninstalled Buildings HD and TerraFlora v2, reinstalled - buildings HD to sim and TerraFlora v2 to library.

Terra Flora v2 didn't work and Buildings HD had roofs only, transfered Buildings HD to library - result equaled no change.

Since then I've renamed the Appdata and Programdata directories so that new configs build and have transfered over just the minimum to enable Orbx.

Sync'd the sim, repaired the client, tried process of elimination with various settings and config files and the usual like clearing shaders and scenery indexes and checking with the Lorby Tool for testing various layerings and other consistancy checks.

Eventually this morning TerraFlora v2 started working (rebooted only - last night I had only Trees HD).

But no joy on the building shells.

Anyone have any idea???

Cheers

I have to say this is the weirdest I've had.

OK...

Not much in the way of responses, but then again a difficult problem.

And now resolved :-)

Through a process of elimination I tracked the prob down to the recent 11S Sekiu airport update.

When installed, either to the Sim directly or via the add-on.xml method, it appears to prevent all Buildings HD from functioning, well... not all, I did still have HD Roofs.

The only way I could get Buildings HD complete functionality was to disable the current release of 11S.

I then rolled 11S back to an earlier version release and Buildings HD are back in their full glory.

ATM I have just the single Orbx airport activated (being 11S), meaning the issue may also exist in other addins.

I'll be checking for Buildings HD functionality with each airport activation,

With the current release of 11S there are HD roofs only (and this looks like it affected the entire sim, at least in the locations I checked against)

A1B9EC3D101E84C1DF52A8142B49431A8F7D957F

And after rolling back to the older release of 11S there are both HD Roofs and building shells in HD (this is the same spot as above on the road alongside of 11S).

3F656A59BFC0C0E3F47F59285A654E2D8BFA1656

At this point a root cause resolution looks like it is in the hands of Orbx and I'll update my previous 11S issues post to point to this thread.

Cheers and hope this post helps anyone else with such wierd types of issues.

11S Thread

Although this topic is marked as resolved, technically it's not.

The only way I was able to resolve was to extract an older version of 11S from a backup and manually install it outside of Orbx Central.

And from now on the install cannot be verified by Central as Central will replace files with their current release versions and thus the problem returns...

For a "True" resolution an 11S update will need to be released.

Cheers

Archived