migrate Orbx to new drive??

I currently have about 72gb of Orbx product on my SSD Samsung Evo C drive as well as LM P3D and my operating system (Win7pro). The C drive is getting a little crowded and I was contemplating adding a new drive just for Orbx and perhaps addon aircraft. Should I stay with a hi quality SSD and will there be an advantage in scenery loading speed?

Is there anything tricky about migrating Orbx to a new drive? I'd hate to lose anything. Is there more to it than using the migration tool in Orbx Central?

Hello,

it is accepted, I think, that the only difference between an HDD and SSD for P3D is a shorter loading time.

Once the simulator is running, performance is not affected.

Once you have your new drive, you can either move an existing Orbx Central Library to it or migrate the

scenery out of the P3D folder, depending on what you have done so far.

Orbx Central will do this for you.

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it is accepted, I think, that the only difference between an HDD and SSD for P3D is a shorter loading time.

Once the simulator is running, performance is not affected.

Once you have your new drive, you can either move an existing Orbx Central Library to it or migrate the

scenery out of the P3D folder, depending on what you have done so far.

Orbx Central will do this for you.

Hi Nick,

sorry to ask again but do I understand correctly?: I can just move the Orbx Library to another Drive by copying it there with Windows Explorer and Orbx Central will find the files there? 

Archived