YBBN black out [RESOLVED TURN OFF ANTIVIRUS]

johnny

Hi

On W7 32, Q6600 4.2, GTX275,

Managed to get fairly reasonable fps , 12 to 15, nothing to write home about, getting that at YMML.

but my cockpit panel blacks out and instruments have frozen on several occassions on all my add-ons so far comming out of Brisbane. Lots of black squares and just getting the impression this is not feasable, even YMML became flyable with v5.

getting very disilusioned with the whole thing now, any advise? apart from sticking with VOZ that is - never did let go of that anyway.

johnny

Hi Johnny,

You have the same CPU as me but have clocked it much higher than i dare go  ;) plus you have a better graphics card than me, so you should certainly have no problem running YBBN, you just have to be realistic about the amount of scenery options you have on in the control panel.

We did not design YBBN for everyone to be able to run it will full options, that is for the uber high end users....for you, me and most other people, we have to reduce stuff to make it smooth, and thats exactly why the control panel exists with the options it has. Also the scenery density slider within the FSX display menus will have a big effect at YBBN too, as you reduce this slider, less important structures and details will be disabled.

I can run YBBN fine with 2 landside options off, 1 airside option off, and autogen at normal. So with your more powerful rig you should have room to play.

Use the YBBN control panel to reduce settings until the scenery becomes very flyable, then start ticking things back on until you find a happy medium betwen performance and scenery detail.

Russ.

done all that Russ

it's the impact on vc textures that brings it all crashing down

sorry my spec is actually 2.4GHz, not 4.2, wish it was, but not into overclocking.

anyway, something wrong somewhere for a simple add-on like the just flight Duchess to go wrong.

I've tried a re-install.

all my YBBN options are un-clicked, no weather add-on activated

johnny

Hang on a sec, I'm back in play, I just turned off my Norton, have been doing circuits for the last hour, no problems and fps in low 20s on approach to 01 with traffic on 75% and terminal in view. I have to try YMML again with Norton off. a few balcks quare patches from time to time here and there on the ground but they gradually disappear.

You have probably been saying this for ages but I can't believe anti-virus was working to such an extent that it disturbs FSX by 5 to 10 fps.

-snip-

You have probably been saying this for ages but I can't believe anti-virus was working to such an extent that it disturbs FSX by 5 to 10 fps.

Actually, anti-virus software uses a fair amount of a PC's resources. That is just a by-product of AV software doing its job. That is why so many resource intensive software packages (like games and flight sims) recommmend disabling AV software when using them.

Archived