Not enough disk space

Had the same problem just yesterday. P3D true earth norcal should have 72 GB but got the not enough disk space message even though my D drive had 128 GB free space. Deleted some files and after that had 170 GB, still the same message. Only when I deleted content from my C drive the download started. I have the impression that Central loads everything onto the C Drive before installing, even when the scenery is later installed on another drive. 

38 minutes ago, fabs79 said:

even though my D drive had 128 GB free space.

1 hour ago, bjablonka8120 said:

how can I get this error?

Hello guy's,

Central will download to where ever you have your Temp folder, initially it will be on C:

You can set it in Central to another drive of your choice that has plenty of space.

Also to be considered is the download + extraction size, before it is installed into your Simulator, this could require up to 3X the download size, then the Temp folder is emptied.

Thanks Smudger, I got it installed by changing the download location to d: . However the installation took about 30gb off my c drive ehich I do not know why this happened. Nothing in the temp file. Can I move all the large Orbx files onto an external harddrive? Where do I find them?

Thanks so much.

Bernd

6 hours ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Where do I find them?

Hello Bernd,

After you have rebooted your computer is C: drive still showing about 30gb less or has it reset itself ?

You can create another library anywhere you choose in Central, once you have done that, select the product in Central - My Products - Migrate to the library you have created.

I am showing openLC EU as an example, I am not sure if Global Base can be exported out of the P3Dv5 folder yet, maybe Doug or Nick will be able to clarify that for you.

Create Library.jpg

Migrate to Library.jpg

Archived