Not sure how to solve this .... any ideas please?

Ok,

P3Dv4.5 HF2 - I have just installed 20 scenery products with Orbx Central with no apparent issues.   I checked each scenery by loading it and at first, I only got this error when I loaded the Monument Valley Airport after installing Monument Valley.   Now I'm getting this error whenever I load the Simulation now :-

bPif0kh.png

I can click ok and its seems fine, but I do not know what this error refers to.   I have verified files on OBJECTFLOW and all seems ok.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

regards,

Lee

Hello,

do this please:

This issue can be resolved by deleting the file OF_config.xml referred to above and then running Sync Simulator within Orbx Central.
The Sync Simulator process will reinstate your ObjectFlow config file to how it should be.

Hello Nick,

Thank you.   I was not able to delete the file contents - but I did delete the file.   And after searching for ages to find it, using the Sych Simulator option solved the problem.

Lee

Hi All:

a. After much search, I found the Orbx synch simulator.....look for the setting cog in the upper right corner. Then go to the help option to find the synch simulator

b. Now to find the objectflow.xml file!?! It is a hidden file in my Australian V2 scenery subdirectory and I can't get my Windows property settings right to get to the file. Any help on this is greatly appreciated. 

If I am unable to resolve this, will our good friends at Orbx eventually modify this issue in a future Australian V2 update?

Regards/thanks for any help,

Russ Tillman

Hello Russ,

here is a guide prepared by one of your fellow customers, @BernieFlyer try it please.

1. Go to your Orbx folder in the Prepar3d v4 folder

2. Open FTX_AU

3. Open FTXAA_ORBXLIBS folder

4. Open Scenery folder

5. Find OF_Config.xml (it is at top of the list in my folder. If you are concerned right click on it and Copy then paste it into a folder on your system disk as backup. Not really necessary as you will see below that Orbx Sync Simulator will re-build it for you.

6. Right click it and select Open With > Notepad

7. You will now see a lot of what will look like mumbo jumbo. Select it all. Hit your delete key. The file should now be empty. Go to "FILE" at the top of Notepad and click on Save. The file is now empty of any data.

8. Go now to Orbx Central. Up the top of the right hand side you will see a gear wheel symbol. Click on it. Under Settings APP you will see Help. Click on that and you will see the box Sync Simulator. Click on that and your 1 or 2 minutes work is over. The error is now gone.

I hope this helps those whose computer skills are a little less than some of us.

Archived