P3Dv4.5HF2 broken after AUv2.1.2 update...

The following thread refers (I've started a new topic given Nick's comment in the attached thread that this is a different issue to the matter commonly discussed in that thread)...

@Nick Cooper

yours is a different problem, I think.

Try renaming your scenery.cfg file and see if P3D will open with a default one.

If it will not, try doing the same with your Prepar3D.cfg file.

Unfortunately neither of these actions made a difference.

Have since uninstalled AUv2 and no change.

Apart from a restart since the sim was last successfully used, the only change was running Orbx Central (which updated to v4.1.11 from v4.1.10) and then running the AUv2.1.2 update (which appears to broken something). All other Orbx products (including libraries and OF) otherwise all up to date.

Can't see any information in the Windows event logs.

A further update, while deleting the add-on.cfg's and the prepar3d.cfg file didn't change things, i restored my prepar3d.cfg file (and for giggles, launched p3d) - the sim is now running again (net change since your advice Nick is the rebuilding of the add-on.cfg files.

The sim happily restarts after running Orbx Central so I will no reinstall AUv2 and see what the result is.

Thanks for your help so far.

re: 'Can you disable the various addons...' - i probably can but given developments that i posted at the same time as your post, i will hold off and see what happens with the AUv2 reinstall first (having uninstalled it earlier as noted in the first post above).

Will report back.

Thanks Nick.

Reporting back as promised...

After reinstalling AUv2, the same issue with P3D shutting down occurred. Redid the add-ons.cfg suggestion above but got no fix this time.

On a hunch, updated P3D from HF2 to HF3 (been avoiding it as other things needed an update and i wasn't prepared (pardon the pun) to go through that up to now.

On P3Dv4.5HF3 I have no issues (but spent the afternoon updating other bits of kit and checking no conflicts).

So the bottom line is, AUv2.1.2 doesn't seem to like HF2 on my kit.

Thanks for your help though Nick.

Archived