Artifact ?

Sotiris

I found this terrain "anomaly" between Cairo and Asyut just west of Nile.

I did file verification and replaced terrain.cfg with no luck.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Intel core i7 2600

RAM 8GB

AMD RADEON R9 280

Win 7 64 SP1

FSX Accel

Transaction ID : 5c7d215612653

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Hello Sotiris,

This artifact is not Terrain texture morphing but seems more like Vector or LandClass issue.
Your scenery looks a little default in nature, but also you are missing the (Nile River) perhaps you have global landclass in the wrong priority in your FSX scenery library or you have Orbx vector configured wrong. Notice also I don't have the blocky patch over those water bodies in the distance. 

Below shows a pic from my FSX setup (FSX Boxed+Accpack) Default scenery with FTXGlobal base textures for the area 35,000ft over (HE25 El Minya airport), notice your picture shows a narrow dirt line, whereas mine shows the Blue Nile.

2020-6-4-22-58-35-826c.jpg

Many thanks for your response Jeff.

What can I do now to correct those two ?

Edit : I ran Orbx Central and used the option "Insertion Point". I inserted all addon sceneries above ORBXLIBS and Orbx OPENLCs.

Where exactly do I have to insert them, as the blocky patch remains ? And Nile just was not included in the screenshot in my previous post.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hello Sotiris,

Yes, I see you have the Nile River now. I could not tell from your Library pic if you had FTX Vector installed or only OLC EU and OLC NA1, with FTXGlobalBase. Are you running any Addon Mesh or other scenery for this area of Egypt.

If you open Orbx Central you should get a Synchronization tool, (A small spinning Gearwheel) this synchronization should correctly place your Orbx OLC & Vector entries in the correct alphanumeric priority within the FSX library. It also adds the required Orbx entries into the Terrain.cfg. What I see in your FSX scenery library are OLC entries for OLC Europe not in sequence should be automatically ordered from high 1-10 low. Perhaps also you have a Permissions issue preventing the configuration to be written correctly. You should give your Flight Simulator X folders and files full admin privileges, uncheck the read only box in properties for the Sim folder click Apply to run the process, then click OK to exit. Then run Orbx Central to synchronize. You should also run the migration tool to check the integrity of your Orbx installations. If this does not work perhaps @Nick Cooper could advise of any additional steps.

Hi Jeff,

1. The Orbx product I have installed are :

Global Base Pack

Global  Vector

Global openLC Europe

Orbx Libraries.

2. No, I have no other Addon Mesh for Egypt.

3. Even though I gave FSX folders and files full privileges and unchecked read only box, apply, wait to apply, OK, when I reopen FSX folder properties, the read only box is again checked.

4. I ran Orbx Central synchronization.

5. I also ordered OLC Europe manually in scenery.cfg with the suggested order, but after synchronization, the entries were reordered as before.

6. Do you mean file verification by saying migration tool ? If yes, I re-verified them once more.

After all those, the blocky patch is still there...

Archived