YBBN is unfortunately a no fly zone for me

Dags60

John and the team yet again you guys have excelled, brilliant work!

But unfortunately its a no fly zone for me  :(

This is the FIRST time i have ever encountered OOMs on this pc. First off unchecked almost all boxes in the control panel and just looking around in the airport perimeter i got OOMs. So then i UNCHECKED ALL boxes in control panel and turned my autogen down to normal. No OOM as yet and i thought yippee but was short lived. After flying around the suburbs i was getting some steady mid teens to low 20s frames and some stuttering then upon final approach and about 1,000 to go coming in via runway 01 yup you guessed it ... another OOM :-[

I'm a bit perplexed by this as i have no trouble with YMML  ::) and thats with half the boxes checked in the control panel, so i'm really at a loss here why with YBBN i'm getting these OOMs.

Once again to John and the team another job well done, but unfortunately YBBN at this time is a no fly zone for me.

Cheers

Dags

Hi Dags,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, lets try the following.

Makes no sense to me but another forum member found much better performance after a re-install of YBBN, so i suggest doing that first off.

Secondly, make sure in the FSX display menu your water quality settings are set to LOW 2.x or lower (this makes a huge difference)

also ensure your ground scenery shadows are switched off,

and AI is around 20% (or first test with AI off altogether)

switch off bloom too.

Also a defrag of your hard drive is a must and can make a big difference.

Let us know how you get on with these suggestions  :)

Russ.

I'm also getting OOM and I haven't even gotten to it yet. I take off from YRED in the A2A cub and start going 155deg towards YBBN to see the new place (it took longer to install than to download! go figure). 9 miles out coming from Redcliffe I get between 6 and 12 fps). 7 miles out I start getting some black squares and a minute later OOM and I'm still 6 miles out!. I'm reducing specs as you mentioned and trying to get to a happy medium (I have a mid-level system).

Hi Alex, the fact that the install took so long is strange, try a reinstall as mentioned above, that solved another users issues.

Also, as per the other posts, the main settings here that affect performance at YBBN are water quality (set to low 2.x) and autogen (set to normal to start with) and airline AI set to 20%

In the YBBN control panel do the following....

uncheck 2 landside options

uncheck 2 airside options

uncheck 1 dock option

Try this out and report back your findings, it's all about finding a happy medium for your specific system, but the above is a solid place to start  :)

Russ.

Also just for informational purposes,

1. switch FTX to default and back to Australia,

2. DEFRAG the whole lot,

3. start with the lowest settings and work your way up to find the sweatspot of your system

YBBN add's a meager 1,16 GB to the total, so doing a defrag could be quite helpful ;)

just as addition, on my crate here I managed to get it fluid with all options ticked, LOD 6.5, textures 4096, traffic100%, REX clouds120miles radius all sliders maxxed water2.x mid, AG Very dense, 10 m mesh, 7cm res, frames unlimited, resulted in avg FPS of 16-28 depending of the POV

see attached screenies for the results

post-154-130204113045_thumb.jpg

post-154-130204113112_thumb.jpg

post-154-130204113153_thumb.jpg

post-154-130204113193_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Trying all these. Will report.

Had not done FTX Central (was set at NA Blue). Just reset to default and then to AU. The other settings were as Russ mentioned. It indeed took 17 minutes to download and almost 35min to unzip and install. The EXE took forever to launch. Go figure. If this doesn't do it I'll reinstall it. Defrag is done automagically 3 times a week at night. Will force one anyway.

If it took 35 minutes to unzip and install then I am afraid there is a severe problem on your PC :(

It's only a 883MB ZIP file, so it would literally be unzipped in less than a minute. The Orbx installer should only take 2 minutes at the most to run. So that's 3 minutes.

If your PC is taking 12x as long to do basic file procedures then I am hardly surprised YBBN is a no-fly zone for you.

Try this - check your free disc space and aim to have about 10GB free on the FSX drive.

Then stop all other applications from running, especially anti-virus apps. Finally, call up the windows task manager and see how many processes you have running. My PC only has ~40 processes running when I use FSX.

Thanks for that quick reply Russ.

Yep mate makes no sense to me either, as i said previously YMML with most boxes ticked and full AI etc i have no problems oh well will try what you suggested to do and will report back, wish me luck!!

Cheers

Dags

Ok Russ done everything you suggested, also re-installed YBBN, defragged again and still no go.

Loaded it up, panned around for even less than a minute and yep another OOM and this is just sitting on the tarmac. ???

This is in the Carenardo 172 so its not as if its a heavy hitter, so yes i'm perplexed by this i don't know what to do, short of taking YBBN off my system  :-[, any other suggestions guys running similar specs to my rig are most welcome indeed.

Cheers

Dags

Get Windows 7, Xp has a much harder time in running high texture loads. On saying that some of our Beta testers do still run XP and can run YBBN.

Some things to try

Go to the FTXAA_YBBN\Scenery folder and move the following files to a safe place.

RWY14.bgl

RWY19.bgl

And see how it goes.

If still having an issue.

Freight.bgl

NorthernMaint.bgl

SouthernMaint.bgl

You can move the following, but you will se uncleaned PR

Domestic_AP.bgl

International.bgl

GAApron.bgl

These last two sets have no night lighting also.

We did initially have the intention of providing a native APX option which turned off all the ground polys, but our testing suggested it provided negilable benefits aswell as ruining the scenery.

But if you can't even run it with all options on the CP turned off, Autogen and AI set to 0 and finally with all the Ground Polys disabled i would suggest there is something seriously wrong with your system.

But in my opinion XP is your bottle neck.

Gday Martin and thx for replying.

First off let me say that there is nothing wrong with my system, heck i can even run YMML with just about every single box checked in the control panel no problems at all, running with as specified in the manual and also running fps limiter, just the occassional stutter and NO OOMs.

This is the FIRST time i've ever experience an OOM on this system, everything else with regards to FSX runs fine, so i can rule out anything seriously wrong with my system.

However yes i do believe that running W7 64 bit will help for sure, but at this time i cannot go to using it just yet.

I will try those things you suggested mate, hell i will try anything right now to get YBBN up and running. Will report back.

Cheers

Dags

Good news Martin i moved RWY14.bgl, RWY19.bgl, Freight.bgl, NorthernMaint.bgl and SouthernMaint.bgl out of my folder and so far so good mate ... no OOMs as of yet :)

I'll continue to do more testing will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Dags

Good news Martin i moved RWY14.bgl, RWY19.bgl, Freight.bgl, NorthernMaint.bgl and SouthernMaint.bgl out of my folder and so far so good mate ... no OOMs as of yet :)

I'll continue to do more testing will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Dags

Ok cool, the only major issue will be that the PR will not have full night textures around the maintenance and freight areas. But if you can live with that. that is good.

That confirms my thought that XP is more likely the issue than any thing else as removing those ground polys makes a big reduction in texture usage.

We can try to address this in the planned SP. but you will need to be patient.

Gday again Martin.

Yeh mate so far so good no OOMs at all  ;D

Only problem is now the taxiways and aprons look terrible, like gravel roads, but you probably expected that anyway. What i'm going to do now as Russ suggested to me in another thread is add back the bgls 1 by 1 until i find the offender/s.

And its ok about the full night textures that wont be around the maintenance and freight areas i can live with that until a permanent fix is found. Btw Martin i posted a screen shot from above to show Russ what the missing textures looked like. Take a look when you get a chance mate.

But now i'm off to find the offending textures (after the footy that is)  ;D

Cheers again

Dags

Archived