Great Expectations

Recently I purchased Vector, OpenLC NAmerica and OpenLC Europe, with HIGH expectations that my default scenery would show significant improvement. However this is not entirely true. What I am noticing is "bridges" where bridges are not suppose to be, in the middle of neighborhoods and fields, and the bridge surface is BLACK. Also car traffic is running across houses and wooded areas where there are no roads. Additionally in some cases some of the features of some add-on scenery has lost objects like houses and buildings. While I appreciate the overall improvement to scenery these other issues make for dysfunctional flying experiences. I had had UTUSA/Europe, but they were uninstalled to avoid any conflict with Orbx products above. So, is there a "fix" to these issues?

Hello,

I must assume that you also have a tradition of not working 24 hours a day

at weekends but nevertheless, I apologise for the inordinate delay of two days

in answering your topic.

What you describe does not read like Vector, so I wonder if:

1. you installed it inside or outside the simulator folder

2. it is in the correct position in the scenery library

3. you have also installed the Orbx Libraries

Thanks.

On 6/1/2020 at 7:44 AM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I must assume that you also have a tradition of not working 24 hours a day

at weekends but nevertheless, I apologise for the inordinate delay of two days

in answering your topic.

What you describe does not read like Vector, so I wonder if:

1. you installed it inside or outside the simulator folder

2. it is in the correct position in the scenery library

3. you have also installed the Orbx Libraries

Thanks.

Vector is installed in Orbx folder inside FSX, Vector files in library are located after Africa and above all the default base scenery files, Orbx!Vector_AEC is lower down above default Scenery. That's where they all installed from FTX Central.

Ideally, the Orbx Central Insertion Point should be set below the lowest of your other developers' products.

I cannot see what that is, I think the Bush Hawk is an aircraft and should probably not be in the scenery library.

It could be that UTX replaced, or even its uninstallation could have removed, a texture that is giving you the black

bridge road surface, but it is only a guess on my part.

One last comments, so all the placement of my Orbx files which are placed as I understand automatically when I install them from Orbx Central are incorrect, I'm not sure where to locate Orbx Central Insertion Point in Orbx Central and the Bush Hawk as well as other Aerosoft files you see I suspect are all associated with the tutorial scenery associated with these aircraft.

Archived