ESNQ Kiruna Not Installing

X24

I have tried to install Kiruna into P5D - it gets to 70% and then just hangs. When I try to cancel the installation it says "canceling" (sic) but that hangs as well. After waiting for half an hour with no change I restarted the computer and opened Orbx Central again. It remembers what it was doing last - the download queue still shows ESNQ installing but with no activity meter. It also says that it is installed into an Orbx Library but the red uninstall button is greyed out.

This is blocking any further installation - Orbx Central is currently unusable - please help. Central.log is attached.

central.log

Further to this, I uninstalled Orbx Central and deleted all the various %APPDATA% folders, rebooted, reinstalled Central, and it picked right up where it left off, still supposedly uninstalling ENSQ. Where it got that information from I'm not sure, because it didn't seem to know anything else and wanted me to specify all the locations for library and backup etc.

This is intensely frustrating, I'm giving up and going to bed.

As a final footnote - every scrap of Orbx scenery and every folder that ever had anything to do with Orbx has been deleted from my computer. P4D & P5D scenery configs now contain zero reference to anything Orbx. Before this, I noted that Central had for some reason placed Global Base all by itself at the very top of the scenery config (P5D) and kept it there. The other Orbx scenery was under all my other addon scenery where it was supposed to be as specified in Settings. I had installed the P5D Orbx entries in a separate folder as per the SDK.

Interestingly, a fresh install of Central still somehow “thinks” that Kiruna is being installed. Because it is number 1 in the queue it effectively prevents any further activity from taking place. How is this possible? Is there a hidden folder or file somewhere, or is FTX keeping a remote record of what’s going on in my computer?

Hi

"The download queue job cache that Orbx Central will use is found at %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json. To forcefully clear the download queue upon restart:

Delete the %temp%/Orbx /job-cache.json file.
Completely restart Orbx Central.

Be aware that if you have auto-updates enabled, these will trigger shortly after launching Orbx Central. You may want to disable this in the settings before performing the above."

Thanks Doug, I can use Central again. I’m installing everything from scratch but into the main sim this time and leaving Kiruna till last :)

Cheers,

Archived