Missing tiles with Great Britain South

Firstly, have experienced multiple issues trying to load GB-south to reach some sort of average stability, yet when it is up and running it's great. That said, occasionally the sim will still fail when either flying along or even setting up on the ground, when in the GB-South (GBS) zone. Does not occur in other areas of the world.

When the sim does fire up I am now experiencing what can only be described as missing or erroneous tiles?? As mentioned, using Orbx Central did flag a few errors on the initial loading of GBS, yet having run 'verify files' on central on numerous occasions no issues are being reported??

I now have a new problem, having made no changes to the sim whatsoever, where I cannot load the sim at all in the GBS zone all down to a missing file - Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/veglib/Veg_VG_ALL.dds (file does not exist). If I start a flight at altitude there's no issue until I descend where I gather the system then looks for the file.

Last shutdown trying to load at EGXT (RAF Wittering)

Loaded: /Volumes/WD ExtHD/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/Laminar Research/Cessna 172SP/plugins/xlua/64/mac.xpl (com.x-plane.xlua.1.0.0r1).

0:01:55.355 I/SND: This aircraft is using FMOD in PARTIAL mode.
0:01:55.355 I/FLT: Init dat_p0 type:loc_tak apt:EGXT rwy:25
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 1326332 for file Custom Scenery/Extra Landmarks/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-002.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:02:02.983 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Vehicles_AO.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/Vehicles/'.
0:02:02.983 E/SCN: Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/Vehicles/Veh_AgustaX.obj:7:
0:02:02.983 E/SCN: Unable to locate albedo texture: Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/Vehicles/
Unknown fill layer 3
Unknown fill layer 3
0:02:02.983 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'orbx_natureflow_eu_foliage_spsu.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/NF_Veg/'.
0:02:02.983 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Orbx_NatureFlow_EU_foliage_SPSU.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/NF_Veg/'.
0:02:02.983 E/SCN: Failed to find resource 'Veg_VG_ALL.dds', referenced from file 'Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/veglib/'.
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 12205983 for file Custom Scenery/Extra Landmarks/Earth nav data/+50+000/+51+000.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 12914099 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50+000/+53+000.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 19703447 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-002.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 11572105 for file Custom Scenery/Global Airports/Earth nav data/+50+000/+51+000.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 2556936 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/Earth nav data/+50+000/+51+000.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 22841593 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+50+000/+53+000.dsf (26748 tris, 1 skipped for -0.5 m^2)
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 19326728 for file Global Scenery/X-Plane 11 Global Scenery/Earth nav data/+50-010/+53-002.dsf (334218 tris, 14 skipped for -11.1 m^2)
0:02:02.983 I/SCN: DSF load time: 15366698 for file Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/Earth nav data/+50+000/+51+000.dsf (0 tris, 0 skipped for 0.0 m^2)
0:02:54.641 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:02:54.641 E/SYS: | Error, could not locate image file for forest
0:02:54.641 E/SYS: | 
0:02:54.641 E/SYS: | Custom Scenery/Orbx_OrbxlibsXP/veglib/
0:02:54.641 E/SYS: | Veg_VG_ALL.dds
0:02:54.641 E/SYS: | (REN_forest.cpp:277)
0:02:54.641 E/SYS: +-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:02:54.641 D/STM: Transitioning from state state_NormalLoading to state_ShuttingDown
[AOS] [2020-05-28.12:29:53] :> Configuration Saved
0:02:54.641 D/HID: HID Bridge Shutdown
----- X-Plane has shut down -----

I've have also made a fresh install of X-plane with no added scenery and now have to say losing patients with this software as I spend 80% of my time trying to coax the sim into life. Very frustrating.

X-plane 11 - version 11.41r1 and using the simple unedited C172 for testing and no file issues through x-plane installer.

MacBook Pro 13-inch, 20173.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory - 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics - Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

Overhead of London looking south.png

Message when loading at Birmingham (EGBB).png

All verified.png

Please uninstall OrbxLibsXP via Orbx central and reboot PC.Clear your Temp folder and if any backup copy exists delete that copy. 

After reboot reinstall OrbxlibsXP.

The location and how & where to do the actions regarding clearing temp etc are marked in the attached pic

1.thumb.JPG.4325a65021cf1c97ad05981533021ff5.JPG

I am also missing tiles in TE Washington SD + TE Washington Enhancement. I did the procedure recommended by Jon Clarke, but it didn't work. 

Some areas clearly show the default XP11 terrain, and I am also missing the beautiful water textures between Skagit and Anacortes. 

Here are some screenshots: 

uS1zuXD.jpg

UxVbZuw.jpg

rAJDPVQ.jpg

4 hours ago, flyerboyk19 said:

Is this process actually deleting the whole GBS, or do I delete all the Ortho files and start again? Just when I run through this the files still exist on the drive??

What part of the process are you referring to? Uninstalling OrbxLibsXP only uninstalls OrbxLibs not anything else. Your error message is related to missing files from OrbxLibs and not TEGB

Deleting the backup copy will just delete the backup copy, not what is installed in your Custom Scenery folder. The backup copy may be corrupted so any further uninstall /reinstall the system will look for a back up copy and install that. We want a fresh download and installation of OrbxLibsXP.

So uninstall Orbxlibs via Orbx Central, delete any backup copy you have. The location of the backup copy , if relevant is shown in the pic I attached.

Reboot the PC and then reinstall OrbxLibsXP.

If you still get an error message then attach your Orbx Central log file available via Orbx central/settings/help. We can then transfer this issue to the Orbx Central team and they can look in the log and find out what the issue is.

3 hours ago, Dario said:

I am also missing tiles in TE Washington SD + TE Washington Enhancement. I did the procedure recommended by Jon Clarke, but it didn't work. 

Some areas clearly show the default XP11 terrain, and I am also missing the beautiful water textures between Skagit and Anacortes. 

Here are some screenshots: 

uS1zuXD.jpg

UxVbZuw.jpg

rAJDPVQ.jpg

Dario, please make your own new post please as your issues are nothing to do with the originators issues and needs looking at in isolation.

Attach your XP Log file and scenery_packs.ini when you make your new post.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

What part of the process are you referring to? Uninstalling OrbxLibsXP only uninstalls OrbxLibs not anything else. Your error message is related to missing files from OrbxLibs and not TEGB

Deleting the backup copy will just delete the backup copy, not what is installed in your Custom Scenery folder. The backup copy may be corrupted so any further uninstall /reinstall the system will look for a back up copy and install that. We want a fresh download and installation of OrbxLibsXP.

So uninstall Orbxlibs via Orbx Central, delete any backup copy you have. The location of the backup copy , if relevant is shown in the pic I attached.

Reboot the PC and then reinstall OrbxLibsXP.

If you still get an error message then attach your Orbx Central log file available via Orbx central/settings/help. We can then transfer this issue to the Orbx Central team and they can look in the log and find out what the issue is.

Hi Jon,

FYI. Deleted everything and re-installed, yet it was only on the second run of a full installed that all files for GBS seemed to function. Not sure what is going on with GBS, but I haven't actioned anything differently and has taken around 10+ installs to get to arrive at normality??

Cheers

Carl

5 hours ago, flyerboyk19 said:

Hi Jon,

FYI. Deleted everything and re-installed, yet it was only on the second run of a full installed that all files for GBS seemed to function. Not sure what is going on with GBS, but I haven't actioned anything differently and has taken around 10+ installs to get to arrive at normality??

Cheers

Carl

One of those situations where I would have to be there to see what was going on. Anyway all seems OK now.

Archived