SimObjectDisplayEngine - ERROR

Hey Orbx, please respond. I have had this error for several weeks.

My order number ID: 5ea8baaf8e35a (only number i could find on the purchase)

When i close P3D v5 i get error message in error log file. This error came after the last SimObject display engine update a couple of weeks ago. I have tried to Verify Files but no change. What to do?

[error.0]
error=Error loading "." from "C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectDisplayEngine.exe."

[error.1]
error=Texture "ESSA_VEHICLES_1_LM.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

[error.2]
error=Texture "OBJ_WINDSOCK_2_LM.DDS" failed to load (FE_REQUEST_STATUS==13)

I will write the solution to this problem in case someone else getting the same error in the future and search the forum.

I contacted SODE concerning this error due to an advice that this had nothing to do with Orbx what so ever, so i should go find help elsewhere.

Turns out it has nothing to do with SODE ether. But SODE was very helpful in giving me advice and checking logfiles for me. He went out of his way to find out that the culprit was simconnect. Simconnect had not been installed with the P3D v5 installation.

The simconnect.msi installation file can be found in the P3D folder under \Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib  .  Install simconnect and problem is solved. Simconnect must be installed for chaseplane to work exc ...

Archived