Building Crash

After installing Orbx England, I am encountering an immediate  airplane crash on loading at  EGLL. This is a p3d v4.5 stock airport and does not occur if EU England is disabled. Neither does it happen if I enable ignore crashes in the option menu……..this I do not like to do as it detracts from realism generally. I have Orbx Global and Open LC Europe installed.

29 minutes ago, Paul Nesbitt said:

..this I do not like to do as it detracts from realism generally.

It's generally acknowledged, and has been for as long as the Microsoft flight simulators have been around, that the crash detection in the sim is quite unrealistic.  It was designed for a time when sceneries were simple, however sceneries are now so complex that it is virtually impossible to manage the crash box side of the sceneries.

The advice is to turn off crash detection.

If it was in any way 'realistic' it would either render the aircraft you were flying unusable ever again or delete the whole sim from your computer the closest it could come to saying you didn't make it this time...

Thankyou John. I appreciate that. But when you turn off crash detection it means that you can make any sort of botched landing without ever improving the skill! That is what I meant by saying it detracts from realism. The problem is still there with EU England……...turning off crash detection does not make it go away. I paid money for a product and I expect Orbx to look at the problem and suggest a solution.

Regards

2 hours ago, Paul Nesbitt said:

Thankyou John. I appreciate that. But when you turn off crash detection it means that you can make any sort of botched landing without ever improving the skill! That is what I meant by saying it detracts from realism. The problem is still there with EU England……...turning off crash detection does not make it go away. I paid money for a product and I expect Orbx to look at the problem and suggest a solution.

Regards

Orbx has always suggested a solution... turn off crash detection.  Some crash boxes are impossible to find and configure, perhaps this is one of them.  And if that wasn't enough, as LM modify the P3D product, crashes suddenly start materialising where there were none before.  For this reason and the ability to solve the crashes by turning off the unrealistic crash detection, the crash you have detected can be added to a list of possible future fixes in a service pack.

Yes I taxied around and after passing a hundred or so gates I got a crash.

I don't think the advice to turn off crash detection will change.  The vast majority of simmers accept it is a broken feature unsuited to the high fidelity scenery and aircraft of today's simulator.

My home airport KUGN has a windsock smack in the middle of the RWY 23 taxiway. It has been there since I first began simming starting with the early editions...All I can do is ignore it and turn of crash detection. 

Sherm

Archived