Blurry roads/textures Orbx Southern California

6 hours ago, Joost Visser said:

I run X plane 11.50b9 with maximum texture quality.

This has less effect that it does in 11.41. The sim will drastically reduce texture quality to maintain a smooth framerate when using Vulkan. If your GPU has low VRAM (I'd say less than 8GB), you are going to see quite a change between texture quality in most addons. Sadly, those increased FPS that Vulkan (11.50) provides aren't free

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Joost

I saw your posting in the forum related to "blurry image" which I have similar problem. I'm on FSX platform and only installed Southern California package. I attached an image (@KSNA airport, runway 20R, looking from outside 1 o'clock). You can see the white tall "shadow" buildings in the background. I'm still browsing the forum to see if I can find some solution, but like to ask a favor. Just curious, from your "X plane 11" what do you see in the background at the same location? Hope you can share a picture. Thank you!

image.thumb.png.786cf142cca9573ca58d52fa6322e690.png

Thank you very much, @Jon! 

I bought the package for several months now, installed it without error, but never knew what to expect out of it. I thought what I saw in the scenery is "normal" until now. The image below is what the landscape of the same location looks like (500" looking north), and the freeway just outside of KSNA (405 freeway) looks like a fuzzy dirt road. My PC is old but should be ok, Dell desktop (XPS 8930, i7-8700K 3.70GHz with 32GB memory, GeForce GTX1080), and I tried to "tune" many things in the FSX Settings to no avail. Not sure if the support team looks into this thread or I should open a new thread. I'll tried to search more similar posts in the forum and see if I can find something useful to tweak.

Thanks again for your help.

-Henry

image.thumb.png.c37d8dd729f59d99cb9273b445b9fd0f.png

@windemere1 Please open a new thread but also indicate what version of XP you are using.

The imagery looks awful but I know it s not the addon causing this to my knowledge but more of a settings issue. you have lots of reflections/ghosting going on. What are your XP settings?Also show a pic in daytime with no lighting at 2000ft

The images will look slightly fuzzy even a HD version at 500ft but that is not the glaring issue here in what I see in your pic.

Attach your scenery_packs.ini9 as well.

Hi, Jon: Thank you for your comment. I apologize for not clarifying it, but I'm running FSX and not XP. I followed up on this post because of the same package was mentioned in the discussion and I'm curious what "good" scenery would look like. I will search around and open a new thread for help. BTW, the "city lights" in my picture shows up even during day time when I'm flying around. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, windemere1 said:

Hi, Jon: Thank you for your comment. I apologize for not clarifying it, but I'm running FSX and not XP. I followed up on this post because of the same package was mentioned in the discussion and I'm curious what "good" scenery would look like. I will search around and open a new thread for help. BTW, the "city lights" in my picture shows up even during day time when I'm flying around. Thank you.

OK. Don't open a support thread here in the XP forum but open it in the FSX/P3D forums

Archived