Hi All,

I have recently started to fly online with VATSIM. I use Aivlasoft EFBv2 which is indispensable with taxiway navigation. However, last night whilst taxiing at EGCC from GA parking stand 8 to papa 2 holding point (not marked on Aivlasoft so had to use Navigraph chart) I came across a discrepancy with the taxiway letter markings. Basically, the route ATC gave me to the holding point was different in EFB2 and as a result I was all over the place and had to use the chart. Please compare pics below. Anyway, I googled this issue with EFB and they said on their forum page that the problem of incorrect taxiways is not the fault of EFB2 but with the software developer's BGL file it looks at to retrieve ground map info. Sometimes, they said the developers use old ground data and so EFB will display those. All my Orbx Libraries are up to date. I have even installed Pete Dowson's Makerunways hoping this would solve the issue but no joy. I have searched this forum for the same topic but no success. Can anyone help please?

Navigraph Chart EGCC.jpg

EFBv2  EGCC.jpg

EFBv2 EGCC BGL File Location.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning Nick,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately,  as I said earlier, Aivlaoft EFBv2 takes the data from the BGL files, just like Plan G, Littlenav map and so on. I thought I found the answer by installing FSX/P3D Navaids update software but no joy, still the same anomaly. Only answer for now is to monitor my taxing on VATSIM with Navigraph Charts. So, that's it for now I suppose. 

Thanks for your help

~Rm.

Archived