Experience with Orbx Library

Hi,

I'm not trying to make a fuss but I have the following observation. Few days ago I reinstalled P3Dv5 and v4.5... When I installed the Orbx Libraries I got an error about something not found and to fix it I need to use the "Verify Files" option... Later after installing the rest (Global Base Pack, OLC, etc) I was flying in p3dv5 and suddenly I had a batch of long pauses and stuttering and moments later everything was OK. I didn't give it a thought but later it came back. Then I switched to v4.5HF3 and to my surprise saw the same issue. The stutter and pauses went away when I move the "Special Effect Detail" slider to low. All my Orbx content was up to date (No airports... just Global Base and OLC installed)... I used that as a excuse to uninstall EVERYTHING and reinstall windows 10 to the latest version (Nov 19 I think)... I just wanted a fresh start ... OK... Long story short... with NO OTHER addons move all sliders to max and everything was OK... Where I could see this issue clearly was at Bergen (ENBR)... in slew mode I climbed to ~1500 above the airport and make two 360 degrees pan... but a I said nothing happened with no addons... everything was smooth (even with special effect detail slider in max)... The next step was installing the Orbx libraries and Global Base Pack... After everything was installed (I got the same Orbx Library error) I went back to ENBR and try again to see if the issue returned... and guess what... it did... The fix was the same thing... moving the SED slider to low...

So I went to my Orbx library to see if there is something missing or if I did something wrong... The only two folders I could see were "Orbx Libraries" and "Global BASE Pack"... Looking at the forum to find a possible solution I saw a topic about ObjectFlow... I went back at the Orbx Library folder and couldn't see an ObjectFlow folder... So as a test I installed Sedona Airport to see if the issue goes away with ObjectFlow... Looking at the Orbx Library again I could see " ObjectFlow" and "Sedona" folders... Then I fired up P3D and guess what... no more pauses or stutters at Bergen... Even with SED slider on max...

I'm sharing this experience to give my 2 cents in case somebody else is having the same issue.

BTW my system: 9900k @ 5.1GHz HT off / 2080Ti no overclock...

Have a nice day...

Nestor

27 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks Nestor

But what is the moral of the story please?

That there could be others with a fresh P3D install having the same issue (Stutters/pauses and the Orbx Library error during installation) that apparently is corrected with ObjectFlow...

Just to be sure... ObjectFlow is supposed to be installed when I install Orbx Libraries?

Nestor

Archived