Enable add-on, every time I boot up Prepar3D v5

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

many customers find that they do not have to do this if they run P3D as an administrator.

So for the customers who are running P3D as AM how do you stop this from happening?

I have the same issue for my library thats in a seperate drive for scenery unable to be installed in sim.

thanks

The same here. I start as an administrator, so this is not the reason. :(

And another verry big problem. I have to register many non-Orbx sceneries in the Scenery library again.  :(

And some non Orbx sceneries have big problems (29Palms EDDN). :(

Absolut frustrated. A weekend without flying.

I am sure that is comming with the automatic Orbx Central Update to 4.1.9.

Hello,

perhaps file permissions are the problem.

If you "have to register many non-Orbx sceneries in the Scenery library again" it might be a step too far to blame

"the automatic Orbx Central Update to 4.1.9" when it cannot do anything at all to other developers' scenery.

5 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

perhaps file permissions are the problem.

If you "have to register many non-Orbx sceneries in the Scenery library again" it might be a step too far to blame

"the automatic Orbx Central Update to 4.1.9" when it cannot do anything at all to other developers' scenery.

That may be the case but Aerosoft and FSDT scenery on the same drive using xml method do not trigger the add window on sim launch its only Orbx.

Based off that id say its something being done during the Orbx install either to the files or the xml thats stopping being loaded and accepted only once.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I am verry unhappy. Love all the Orbx-Sceneries but I got the problem with Orbx-Central 4.1.9! You cant splitt the world between Orbx and all the other. So i hope of 4.2.0 to solve the problem. And by the way. Since 4.1.9 my framerate dropp down from 30 to 20. 

I'm having the same issue. I'll attach my log file if anyone can give me a clue. I did have issues with permissions. I was getting weird CTD's on P3Dv5 and MSFS2020. I fixed the issue and the CTD's stopped. But when I look at the Program Data folder it does say read only and I can't change it. I should clarify that the addon.cfg does NOT say read only, just the main Program Data folder.

central-1.log

On 5/18/2020 at 6:35 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

I have moved the topic to the Orbx Central forum in the hope that the developers will give you an answer.

They will need a copy of the Orbx Central log file to be attached please.

Ok after several hours of digging etc this is what i have found.

the addon.cfg file in Progdata had been corrupted by installing KSUN.

Hence everytime i was starting KSUN was not being saved by the sim.

It was the only addon listed other than the discovery path Orbx entry.

There was twenty or so lines of Chinese text directly below that.

This is what i have found on that which is a known issue caused by an iinstaller saving a modified cfg in the wrong format.

The Orbx KSUN installer is doing something ie saving the modified cfg in the wrong format and this wiped out my entire addon.cfg.

here is the link regards to saving the cfg in ANSI format and what happens if you dont.

Pilots scenery who do LEAL also have this issue. Again after i installed their scenery today it did exaclt the same thing wiping out the addon cfg leaving chinese text behind exactly according to this articel in Progdata.

As soon as i saved the restored file in ANSI format..no probs but that doesnt mean it wont happen again as its a dev issue.

Cheers

Darren

Article on ANSI format issues.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/beware-p3dv4-scenery-cfg-encoding-changes.440551/

So a couple of observations after reading the log text. I'm not familiar obviously but maybe someone can shed some light. First there is an error message saying that add on Windows32 could not load. I looked this up online and found a response from FlyTampa developer saying they didn't know why that was there and to delete it (to the person writing the post). So maybe that's a problem? Also I noticed it mentions addon.cfg in the Appdata/Roaming folder but the one that is messed up is in the ProgramData folder...are there supposed to be 2 of them?? Now I'm really confused.

Found this in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepare3Dv5\add-ons.cfg

Maybe a developer can take a look at this before the problem gets bigger.

[DiscoveryPath.0]
PATH=I:\0 Orbx Central AddOns\p3dv5
TITLE=Orbx Main Library
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.30]
PATH=I:\0 Orbx Central AddOns\p3dv5\TrueEarth Netherlands HD
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
਍਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀ 崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀䄀攀爀漀猀漀昀琀 䜀攀渀攀瘀愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀䄀攀爀漀猀漀昀琀 䜀攀渀攀瘀愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀䴀攀最愀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀 䘀爀愀渀欀昀甀爀琀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀䴀攀最愀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀 䘀爀愀渀欀昀甀爀琀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䴀愀搀爀椀搀 䈀愀爀愀樀愀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䴀愀搀爀椀搀 䈀愀爀愀樀愀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㌀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䰀漀渀搀漀渀 䠀攀愀琀栀爀漀眀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䰀漀渀搀漀渀 䠀攀愀琀栀爀漀眀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㐀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䌀愀渀愀爀礀 䤀猀氀愀渀搀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀尀䰀愀 倀愀氀洀愀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䌀愀渀愀爀礀 䤀猀氀愀渀搀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀ⴀ䰀愀 倀愀氀洀愀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㔀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀䴀椀氀愀渀 䴀愀氀瀀攀渀猀愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀䄀攀爀漀猀漀昀琀 䴀椀氀愀渀 䴀愀氀瀀攀渀猀愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㘀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䴀愀氀愀最愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䴀愀氀愀最愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㜀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀䌀漀氀漀最渀攀ⴀ䈀漀渀渀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 ⴀ 倀㌀䐀瘀㔀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀䄀攀爀漀猀漀昀琀 䌀漀氀漀最渀攀ⴀ䈀漀渀渀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 倀㌀䐀嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㠀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䈀愀爀挀攀氀漀渀愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䈀愀爀挀攀氀漀渀愀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㤀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䈀愀氀攀愀爀椀挀 䤀猀氀愀渀搀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀尀䴀愀氀氀漀爀挀愀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䈀愀氀攀愀爀椀挀 䤀猀氀愀渀搀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀ⴀ䴀愀氀氀漀爀挀愀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀ 崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀倀㌀䐀㔀ⴀ䄀搀搀ⴀ漀渀猀尀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䈀愀氀攀愀爀椀挀 䤀猀氀愀渀搀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀 嘀㔀尀䤀戀椀稀愀ഀ਀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㴀匀椀洀ⴀ眀椀渀最猀 䈀愀氀攀愀爀椀挀 䤀猀氀愀渀搀猀 倀爀漀昀攀猀猀椀漀渀愀氀ⴀ䤀戀椀稀愀 嘀㔀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㄀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀䜀䠀䤀 匀漀甀琀栀愀洀瀀琀漀渀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㈀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀一一䬀 一愀爀瘀椀欀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀ⴀ 䘀爀愀洀渀攀猀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㌀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀匀一儀 䬀椀爀甀渀愀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㐀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀匀匀䄀 匀琀漀挀欀栀漀氀洀 䄀爀氀愀渀搀愀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㔀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀唀 䔀渀最氀愀渀搀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㘀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀唀 䜀攀爀洀愀渀礀 一漀爀琀栀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㜀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀唀 䜀攀爀洀愀渀礀 匀漀甀琀栀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㠀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀唀 一漀爀眀愀礀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㄀㤀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀唀 匀挀漀琀氀愀渀搀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀ 崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䔀唀 圀愀氀攀猀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㄀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䜀氀漀戀愀氀 䈀䄀匀䔀 倀愀挀欀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㈀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䜀氀漀戀愀氀 漀瀀攀渀䰀䌀 䔀甀爀漀瀀攀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㌀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䜀氀漀戀愀氀 吀爀攀攀猀 䠀䐀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㐀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䰀䔀䈀䈀 䈀椀氀戀愀漀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㔀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䰀䤀䔀伀 伀氀戀椀愀 䌀漀猀琀愀 匀洀攀爀愀氀搀愀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㘀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀䰀伀圀䤀 䤀渀渀猀戀爀甀挀欀 䄀椀爀瀀漀爀琀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㜀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀伀爀戀砀 䰀椀戀爀愀爀椀攀猀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀嬀倀愀挀欀愀最攀⸀㈀㠀崀ഀ਀倀䄀吀䠀㴀䤀㨀尀  伀爀戀砀 䌀攀渀琀爀愀氀 䄀搀搀伀渀猀尀瀀㌀搀瘀㔀尀伀爀戀砀 伀戀樀攀挀琀䘀氀漀眀ഀ਀䄀䌀吀䤀嘀䔀㴀琀爀甀攀ഀ਀刀䔀儀唀䤀刀䔀䐀㴀昀愀氀猀攀ഀ਀䑛獩潣敶祲慐桴〮൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶਍䥔䱔㵅牏硢䴠楡楌牢牡൹䄊呃噉㵅牴敵਍䕒啑剉䑅昽污敳਍偛捡慫敧〮൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䕜䡇⁉潓瑵慨灭潴楁灲牯൴䄊呃噉㵅牴敵਍䕒啑剉䑅昽污敳਍偛捡慫敧ㄮ൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䕜乎⁋慎癲歩䄠物潰瑲‭牆浡敮൳䄊呃噉㵅牴敵਍䕒啑剉䑅昽污敳਍偛捡慫敧㈮൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䕜乓⁑楋畲慮䄠物潰瑲਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥崳਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵卅䅓匠潴正潨浬䄠汲湡慤䄠物潰瑲਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥崴਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵啅䔠杮慬摮਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥崵਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵啅䜠牥慭祮丠牯桴਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥崶਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵啅䜠牥慭祮匠畯桴਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥崷਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵啅丠牯慷൹䄊呃噉㵅牴敵਍䕒啑剉䑅昽污敳਍偛捡慫敧㠮൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䕜⁕捓瑯慬摮਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥崹਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵啅圠污獥਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥〱൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䝜潬慢䅂䕓倠捡൫䄊呃噉㵅牴敵਍䕒啑剉䑅昽污敳਍偛捡慫敧ㄮ崱਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵汇扯污漠数䱮⁃畅潲数਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥㈱൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䝜潬慢牔敥⁳䑈਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥㌱൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䱜䉅⁂楂扬潡䄠物潰瑲਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥㐱൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䱜䕉⁏汏楢⁡潃瑳⁡浓牥污慤䄠物潰瑲਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥㔱൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶䱜坏⁉湉獮牢捵楁灲牯൴䄊呃噉㵅牴敵਍䕒啑剉䑅昽污敳਍偛捡慫敧ㄮ崶਍䅐䡔䤽尺‰牏硢䌠湥牴污䄠摤湏屳㍰癤尵牏硢䰠扩慲楲獥਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥㜱൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶作扲⁸扏敪瑣汆睯਍䍁䥔䕖琽畲൥刊充䥕䕒㵄慦獬൥嬊慐正条⹥㠱൝倊呁㵈㩉ぜ传扲⁸敃瑮慲摁佤獮灜搳㕶呜畲䕥牡桴丠瑥敨汲湡獤䠠ൄ䄊呃噉㵅牴敵਍䕒啑剉䑅昽污敳਍

Delete the CHINESE STYLE WRITING, start P3Dv5, enable all Orbx-addons, closed the SIM and start the SIM again.

The enable "Orbx-addons Problem" is solved for me!!! :unsure:

And now I have to register the other "non-Orbx sceneries" in the Scenery library again.

Thats exactly what my addons.cfg looked like.

The issue is that the world simply doesnt revolve around Orbx.

What about all your other addons that get wiped out by the incorrect saving of the cfg's that Orbx central is doing.

Even better how about Orbx installs as per the SDK and we dont have this problem at all?

Keep a backup of your addon.cfg and scenery cfg prior to every running of Orbx central and ANY other scenery install that is not done in accordance with the SDK.

21 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

Ok after several hours of digging etc this is what i have found.

the addon.cfg file in Progdata had been corrupted by installing KSUN.

Hence everytime i was starting KSUN was not being saved by the sim.

It was the only addon listed other than the discovery path Orbx entry.

There was twenty or so lines of Chinese text directly below that.

This is what i have found on that which is a known issue caused by an iinstaller saving a modified cfg in the wrong format.

The Orbx KSUN installer is doing something ie saving the modified cfg in the wrong format and this wiped out my entire addon.cfg.

here is the link regards to saving the cfg in ANSI format and what happens if you dont.

Pilots scenery who do LEAL also have this issue. Again after i installed their scenery today it did exaclt the same thing wiping out the addon cfg leaving chinese text behind exactly according to this articel in Progdata.

As soon as i saved the restored file in ANSI format..no probs but that doesnt mean it wont happen again as its a dev issue.

Cheers

Darren

Hello Darren,

Logic would suggest that if the source of the problem was indeed Orbx Central, we would all be seeing the same.

The only thing that Orbx Central writes to the add-ons.cfg file is this:

1.jpg

and I attach a copy of that file, as created from scratch by Orbx Central, for you to test.

I have named it add-ons by OC.cfg.

Thereafter, all additions to the add-ons.cfg file are made by P3D itself, after reading the add-ons.xml files in the Discovery Path.

This would indicate that there is no connection with the Orbx Central installation process of KSUN, or indeed any other product,

as Orbx Central does not write anything to the add-ons.cfg file during that installation.

I also attach a copy of the add-ons.cfg file resulting from the installation of KSUN into an Orbx Central Library, for you to try to find fault with.

It is named add-ons.cfg.

The explanation of the "Chinese writing" is more likely to be something like this:

It appears this issue is with the new Geneva Professional v5 update by Aerosoft. I am in contact with the developer and he is getting a fix ready.

which is a fact, as opposed to a theory that might be limited to very few installations.

add-ons by OC.cfg add-ons.cfg

Archived