Copying And Concatenating Orbx Libraries To A New Hard Drive

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 64 

Simulator:  FSX/P3D/X-Plane

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Copying and Concatenating Orbx Libaries

Hi Guys.  Simple question this time.  I have different computers with different GPUs that I use for flight simulation with screens, 3D stereo projection, and now VR and I have *lots* of your terrain files.  These take up a lot of room and I'm on my way to pick up a couple of 4TB hard drives so I can move my current Orbx files.  I also have some files in different libraries on different drives.  I'd like to know how I can move these and put everything in one library in one drive on each computer so each computer can have a hard drive dedicated to Orbx files.  My current understanding is that they are just symlinks in the flight sim terrain directory that point to the actual location in the library directory.

Thanks,

Diana Atalanta

central.log

I think Orbx tends to forgive/ignore this for a home-user but, from the EULA:

1.2 You may install, access, and run a single copy of the Software Product on a single personal computer for your personal, non-commercial, non-profit use.

Note the word "single". I just thought you should be aware of it just in case................

Archived