Twin Oaks

cyberpilot

Installed 7S3 Twin Oaks yesterday, fired up FSX and had fun flying around Bill Womack's little gem.

Today, though, it wont load when I select it on the FSX scenery menu ... gets to about 80% before error message appears and FSX shuts down.

Haven't changed any settings between times or added any other programmes.

Tried repeatedly to load but still same problem.

Can't understand this because 1S2 Darrington works a treat.

So I reinstalled NA Blue plus Darrington and Twin Oaks to see if that would make a difference but still Twin Oaks refuses to load.

Sadly it seems to be a similar problem that I have with YMML which also wont load.

So why does everything else I have in the FTX world operate perfectly but not these two?

Would really appreciate some assistance.

Hi Frank, your not forgotten :)

Well you do have an odd one... and I must admit it stumps me a little, as does your other issue with YMML

I have all the same items installed as you and have a similar system setup and have never suffered anything like this

Can you advise us of any other scenery you may be running that might conflict somehow...I.e: AI add-ons, and other scenery add-ons, missions?

And what soundcard do you use?

Hi Tim,

Essentially I just have most of the ORBX scenery, the OzX scenery, Holger Mesh, Ants airports, Oz AI aircraft as well as Rex and ASA.

No other third party scenery from anyone.

I am baffled that just two out of many scenery areas are "misbehaving."

Why, for instance, should Darrington load without problems but not Twin Oaks?

In many years of flight simming I have never encountered anything like this before and would really appreciate some guidance from someone in the know. 

Archived