TE Southern California Port of LA/LB very blurry

Hello I purchased TE Southern California as soon as it was released and I'm loving it just like all your other packages for Xplane 11. I just have a problem with The LA and Long Beach harbors. They seem to be very low resolution unlike the quality of any of the other similar scenery in TE Florida, and TE Washington. In those there is a lot of detail and a lot of 3D containers all over the place, but on this one there is only a few buildings and a few tanks in the entire area. It just seems like it's not normal for your packages. There is also an area with a bunch of black rectangle as if there was supposed to be containers there. I even deleted TE Southern California and re-downloaded it but I got the exact same result.

I included a few much sharper shots from friend's install (White/Blue) Bonanza - Mine are the AFL Cessna 172. Were were at the same altitude when we took similar shots.

Running X-plane 11.41 and 11.50 beta 6 Same results with both versions. Windows 10 Core i7 8700k @ 5 GHZ, GTX 1080 Ti 32 GB DDR4 RAM

TESoCal(1).jpg

TESoCal(2).jpg

TESoCal(3).jpg

TESoCal(4).jpg

TESoCal(5).jpg

XPlane Settings.JPG

You have a lot of fog/mist in your shots. 

Your friend is using 11.40 where he/she can use additional visual enhancers like X-Vision etc. Also as BradB says increase your visibility. There is nothing wrong with the addon as it would be showing error reports. It has to do with the unsupported 11.50 and visual settings allowed within 11.50 without enhancements, unlike 11.40

I was referring to the blurriness of the Ortho underneath me, regardless of whether or not there is haze. Mine looks like very low quality, that's the only think I was wondering about. I've never tried the SD version but it seems like those tiles are SD rather than HD. Like I said I've tried it without Vulkan also with the exact same results. My friend is not using X-enviro, not sure about X-vision which he was using a few weeks ago but stopped using it because he had way more haze than is present on my screenshots. Thanks for taking the time to answer

2 hours ago, Qosmokid said:

I was referring to the blurriness of the Ortho underneath me, regardless of whether or not there is haze. Mine looks like very low quality, that's the only think I was wondering about. I've never tried the SD version but it seems like those tiles are SD rather than HD. Like I said I've tried it without Vulkan also with the exact same results. My friend is not using X-enviro, not sure about X-vision which he was using a few weeks ago but stopped using it because he had way more haze than is present on my screenshots. Thanks for taking the time to answer

I attach 2 pics both taken in 11.50b6 in the area of your 1st pics.

Time is around 1600hrs July, altitude 3400 ft, All from SoCal SD. Visibility 100

1st pic with the natural fog/mist that XP produces and will have a light "film" of fog/mist on it:

Capture.thumb.JPG.d5ed668b49b66714dd3006ec99035e3d.JPG

2nd pic with the fog/mist lowered:

Capture1.thumb.JPG.7bc2ab2db2351f2a9a53507477ff9186.JPG

Archived