SODE 1.7.0 update - Dated 14/05/2021

Hi guys,

regret to advise that following download of the latest SODE via Orbx Central yesterday evening 14 May 2021 my Payware Airports and especially Edinburgh (EGPH) have become unuseable as a result of freezing, stammering, low FPS, and continual CTD.

Conversely, non Payware Grade Airports are working fine and thus I'm stationed at Glasgow (EGPF) and will avoid all Payware Grade Airports until .  .  .  .  well I don't know really.

As an add-on, I have verified files including Libraries/SODE/EGPH and Synch Sim but no joy.

I had unbelievably good performance all round prior to this download with no issues at all. Plus there's this little APU Unit at Edinburgh (just in front of my jet) that keeps appearing/disappearing non-stop.

I'm using high end PC and Graphics Card with oodles of space on my new (Sim Use Only) Borg Cube sized SSD with Oculus Rift. Got all the latest Drivers. Talking P3D V4.5 to HF3.

Kindest Regards

Graham 

Hi Nick,

Thus far it's working fine with P3D stock Prop Plane but canny handle Simware's Learjet, haven't tried PMDG's Boeing yet.

All the stuttering and stammering and CTD has gone with P3D stock but immediate CTD transferring to Learjet.

Still testing.

Kindest Regards

Graham

Hi Nick,

here it is then, un-ticked SODE at P3D start -up Menu page and loaded/saved default Commander P3D Stock A/C =. Restarted PC and loaded default scenarion = all wotking fine.

Trans into Learjet = all working fine.

Trans into Boeing 737 = all working fine.

As an add-on - that little APU (or whatever it is (vanishes so fast) is still flashing visible / invisible but only when the Boeing is loaded?? 

This is all at Payware Edinburgh (EGPH). 

Kindest Regards

Graham

Hi Nick,

not sure you wil want to hear this but anyhoo.

Did a system restore hence back to SODE V1.6.8, still having issues so focus on Oculus Drivers and change to latest via Beta Testing, pleased to report things are good again.

Might not be your SODE that was the issue, there was a Windows update recently and you know how they go! Think I'll hold back on V 1.7.0 nonetheless.

Kindest Regards

Graham

H i Nick,

whaaaat?  Not the intellectual property of Orbx?

The plot thickens; you know .  .  .  I still have contacts in the Air Force, you supply a six digit Grid Ref from the UKADGE Map and we can get a Predator on the case.

But only if it is the fault of SODE V 1.7.0.  otherwise we have an unrighteous Murder Death Kill.

Kindest Regards

Nick! - It's me  .  .  .  again; with an update.

It occurred to me having scowered the Forums, no one else reporting similar/same issues with SODE V1.7.0 so perhaps a coincidence had ocurred wherein SODE was not the real issue.

Past few days much testing and searching, long story short = it was a timing coincidence and the issue (having searched crash log files) is a number of files within the panels/guauges directory for the Learjet 35A was causing the problem.

Suspect Aircraft removed using Appwiz.Cpl - test with SODE V 1.6.8 = no issues / test with SODE V 1.7.0 = no issues for all OrbxPayware Airports (inc new Bristol) and Payware A/C Carenado Phenom 300/PMDG Boeing 737NG/Cera Sim Black Hawk Helicopter and all P3D Stock A/C.

Apologies for time taken AND erroneous assumption; think you can close this baby down now.

Kindest Regards

Graham

Archived