Orbx Central - Worker Process Failed To Start 2.0

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Win 10

Simulator:  P3D V4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Orbx central worker not working! P3d has not been the same since trying to update Orbx YMML (sim running very stuttery, not smooth!)

central (1).log

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Matthew1986

The log files indicates that the Orbx Central worker is missing or broken. We've seen this occur to users with Avast as it's incorrectly quarantined the program. We've reached out to them to whitelist the program.

Are you running any anti-virus can you temporarily disable it to see if the issue persists?

Alternatively, can you try reinstalling Orbx Central and ensuring your PC meets all the system requirements outlined in the user guide here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit#bookmark=id.bgvu4oqei45r

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Matthew1986

This is difficult to troubleshoot as I'm unsure of the actual issue you're encountering. The provided log file doesn't detail the YMML update indicating that Central was restarted a few times since the update was performed. I can see at the bottom of the log the the Orbx Central worker had failed to start. But this would be unrelated to any issues you're encountering in simulator. Orbx Central can't affect the simulator at all if the Orbx Central worker isn't running.

What problems did you encounter when attempting to update YMML? Did the update complete successfully? Did you perform a verify files? How did this translate to issues within the simulator?

A few things to try:

• Update Orbx Central to the latest version
  • Perform a verify files of YMML
  • Attach you log file here if issues still persist.

As soon as Central was updated on my system about ten minutes ago, AVG quarantined Orbx Central Worker saying it was infected with IDP.generic. Now Central is acting up and I hate to see what might have happened to p3dv4.5. Never had this happen before. Will report as I see what happens next.

I tried to update Central Rockies, and was told I needed to update libraries. Then it said a communication error occurred.  What did you guys do? Yes you.... If nothing else changed except I ran your update, then it points to something you did, not your customers.

I re-installed Orbx Central. I told AVG to create an exception to the offending file. Tried again to update libraries, and again got the communication error.

Crazy. Any answers? What else might be broken now?

1 hour ago, kennethjkerr said:

As soon as Central was updated on my system about ten minutes ago, AVG quarantined Orbx Central Worker saying it was infected with IDP.generic. Now Central is acting up and I hate to see what might have happened to p3dv4.5. Never had this happen before. Will report as I see what happens next.

I tried to update Central Rockies, and was told I needed to update libraries. Then it said a communication error occurred.  What did you guys do? Yes you.... If nothing else changed except I ran your update, then it points to something you did, not your customers.

I re-installed Orbx Central. I told AVG to create an exception to the offending file. Tried again to update libraries, and again got the communication error.

Crazy. Any answers? What else might be broken now?

Well, I was going to apologize for being a little belligerent above. But it won't let me edit my own comment.. Three different tech glitches from different companies (and industries) have tried my patience today.

Archived