Content Error

Hi,

I have had a couple of CTD and after the first one I made sure to turn on error logging in P3D V5. On 5/11/20 I had a CTD and saved the log all the messages appear to show Orbx related items.

I am running on a i5 6600 3.3 GHz processor with a GeForce GTX 1070 8GB i believe no less than 6GB I have Global, Regional and several airports from Orbx installed. I have the latest Beta of Active sky for P3d V5 with cloud art running on a 2nd computer. My settings in P3d V5 are right around middle to some high settings, that is nothing different than what I was running in V4.5

Yesterdays and todays flight were from the same airport KORS yesterday it CTD within first 15 minutes of flight southbound. Today I flew from KORS to KPDX with rainy weather without and Crash but received the same content Error message when shutting down the sim. I forgot to save todays log but I did look at it and appears all the info was the same as yesterdays. log.

Attached is yesterdays log I hope this helps and of course let me know if there is anything I am missing.

Thanks

David Boudreau

ContentErrors 05 11 2020 1925.txt

Hello David,

there should be nothing there that could crash P3D v5, although it seems that it is a little more sensitive than its predecessor.

It would indeed be wonderful if the content error system were able to report the exact cause of a CTD but it does not.

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply, any tips on a way I might find a log that would ID the Crash? My addons are Active sky beta for P3D V5,  A2A plane with an update that fixed a crash to desktop, a couple of flightbeam airports that have P3D v5 installers. Thanks again.

David Boudreau

Hello David,

as I tried to point out, if someone could come up with software that identified the reason for every CTD,

they would make themselves a fortune.

The Windows event viewer and a Google search is all that most of us have to go on.

This is not to be unhelpful, it is just that there are so many possible variables that definitive diagnosis is rarely possible.

Archived