V4 to V5

Hello, 

I'm trying to figure out how to switch, I've read the guide but it implies that I have my Orbx scenery in a separate folder as I don't see the folders it's telling me to copy in my P3DV4\Orbx directory. I however don't. When I go to move it all out of my P3D directory in to a separate folder Orbx Central says I shouldn't move it all if P3D is working fine, which it is. As many developers haven't updated their add-ons yet I will be flying V4 alongside V5 and I don't want to break V4  by doing this. Will everything be ok if I migrate? 

Thanks,

Robbie

Hello,

if you wish to run them both together, you will need to make two separate installations of everything.

It is rapidly becoming clear that what works in P3D v4 does not necessarily work in P3D v5, so you

should not use any existing files in your new installation.

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you wish to run them both together, you will need to make two separate installations of everything.

It is rapidly becoming clear that what works in P3D v4 does not necessarily work in P3D v5, so you

Hello, 

So re-install everything that's compatible with V5 via   Orbx Central? 

Thanks 

Robbie 

9 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Yes,

you can install either inside the P3D v5 folder or into an existing Orbx Central Library, if you have one.

The files in the Library will be placed into a p3dv5 sub-folder.

How about a new library folder? 

Thanks, 

Robbie 

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Thank you SO much for the clarification Nick! Now the only other problem I was having has been resolved thanks to your timely post. Fresh Install of P3d 5.1 with my Installs of your products in a new 2 Tb library for P3D and TrueEarth for XPlane and I don't have to worry why it didn't copy correctly anymore as P3D has changed enough to where copy/paste WON'T work properly. 

NOTICE to people running P3DV4.5 AND P3DV5.1 and  XPlane True Earth- do NOT try to get cute like I did and copy/paste as it will end in disaster and your re-installation of everything from scratch!  Factor in frequent re-connects during the install process and potential charges if your ISP does this and you are headed for trouble.

I am having to do this as we speak but I have made a P3dV5 only commitment so I am just as happy anyways as I want a clean registry and install and outside of the ancient freeware crafts like the POSKY thing I'm good. It actually made me give my money to PMDG for the QOTSII so I could finally have a decent Jumbo to fly to Oz which I noticed you folks just had a sale on.

Cheers, all.

Archived