OC 4.1.9 stalling on airport and region updates

Trying to install updates to central and northern rockies , Alice and Milford.  Checking system requirements is as for as it gets. 

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro

Simulator:  Prepared V5 w/hotfixes

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

After following your link, I guess you're shrugging in the general direction of C++ redistributables.  Newer ones are installed therefore I suppose I'd have to uninstall the more recent ones?  Doesn't seem sensible to me.  Please illuminate.  Central worked just fine before last update.   T.H.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @vozko

The provided log file indicates that the Orbx Central Worker indicates that the worker is crashing whenever it attempts to perform a disk check. I've made some changes to the disk check process to better handle this process to avoid crashing which will be included in the next fast lane release. We'll try have this out as soon as possible, however in the mean time to have installations proceed without issue I'd recommend opting out of fastlane.

2020-05-11T21:40:53.593Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Job released 728757886
2020-05-11T21:40:53.593Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Complete
2020-05-11T21:40:58.608Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Disconnected from Saturn.
2020-05-11T21:40:58.613Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - The Orbx Central worker process failed to start. Please check the user guide for troubleshooting advice at http://Orbx.to/central-guide - closed with code 3762504530 - null
2020-05-11T21:41:01.666Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Using Saturn binary from C:\Users\SimPC\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe
2020-05-11T21:41:01.721Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Saturn active. Version 4.1.9

Hi Josh,

I don't even remember signing up for fast lane. I must have done it early, I remember being excited about the coming "FTX Central".  As my attempts to  install an earlier version of OC have been thwarted,  I'll just be waiting for your fix.  Thanks for the heads up and good luck.  T.H.

Hi again,

On Monday I requested help. 

I opted out of fast lane as advised. 

My efforts to reinstall earlier version of Orbx Central (4.1.7) fail when the old version installer updates the install to the current fast lane version I'm trying to replace.

You have advised me you will have a fix for the crashing of Orbx Central Worker (apparently my issue) in the next fast lane release. 

So last five days  I can't go back and I can't go forward. 

Perhaps you could tell me how I can use my older version installer to actually install the older version?  Thanks, T.H.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @vozko

We have the update currently in beta and is likely to be released into fastlane within the next few days.

To downgrade:

• Opt out of the fastlane here: https://orbxdirect.com/account/fastlane
  • Uninstall Orbx Central
  • Just in case, delete the  %LOCALAPPDATA%\Orbx-central-updater directory
  • Reinstall Orbx Central and log into your account.

Archived