EGPH Edinburgh

I bought Edinburgh which is advertised as performance friendly. I have to say that is not my experience. In places I am finding that the frame rate plummets to less than 20. Its performing pretty badly compared to airports of a similar size. This is in 11.41 so what is causing this awful performance?

1 hour ago, cbcdesign said:

I bought Edinburgh which is advertised as performance friendly. I have to say that is not my experience. In places I am finding that the frame rate plummets to less than 20. Its performing pretty badly compared to airports of a similar size. This is in 11.41 so what is causing this awful performance?

@Greg Jones for comment please Greg as there are several reports about the fps rate at this airport both new and historically.

Here is an example. 17 frames per second approaching this section of the airport with free camera. The frame rate is unacceptably low.  Something is wrong when frame rates drop like this with relatively little being rendered. I get better than this looking across the whole of Heathrow airport towards the city of London.

S-76C - 2020-05-11 21.18.42.png

I am aware of some og=f the reports of fps rate drops and some quite severe.

What are your graphics settings in XP and which version of XP are you using?

We will have to wait for @Greg Jones to respond further as all is OK with product as far as installation and working OK is concerned, The problem is performance which I cannot assist in except see if there is something in your settings that may improve the situation, but agree that 17fps is not good.

The problem occurs in both 11.41 and 11.50B6 under Vulkan. 

Graphics settings are High(HDR) Texture Quality Max, 4X SSAA, No Shadows,  World Objects Max,  Reflection Detail zero.

In 11.41 just panning is a stutter fest too I have noticed but the frame rates are about 2-3 higher than in 11.50B6. In vulkan panning is smooth but still very low frame rates.

With default Edinburgh I get around 38 FPS anywhere in the airport with smooth panning in 11.41 and around 48FPS in Vulkan . I know the buildings are simpler in the default version but this just gives an idea of how hard the Orbx Edinburgh airport is on my system with the exact same settings.

Further testing this afternoon and what appears to be causing the biggest issue is all the car park light strings. As I get near to them the frame rate just falls away. At some distance I assume that they are drawn with a much lower lod and the sim runs at 35FPS and smooth as silk. 

50 minutes ago, cbcdesign said:

Further testing this afternoon and what appears to be causing the biggest issue is all the car park light strings. As I get near to them the frame rate just falls away. At some distance I assume that they are drawn with a much lower lod and the sim runs at 35FPS and smooth as silk. 

If you search this XP forum about EGPH performance you will find many posts about it and in particular the car parks. I  cannot offer a solution I am afraid as there appears to be no support from the original devs. who i believe were Gaya

• 2 months later...

I am having exactly the same issues with this scenery as described by Jon in the original post.  The FPS is to say the least abysmal, and I am now considering uninstalling this scenery.  My home Airport is Edinburgh and that was the main reason for purchasing this scenery, I am so disappointed and should have done research before going ahead with this purchase.

9 hours ago, PRichardson said:

I am having exactly the same issues with this scenery as described by Jon in the original post.  The FPS is to say the least abysmal, and I am now considering uninstalling this scenery.  My home Airport is Edinburgh and that was the main reason for purchasing this scenery, I am so disappointed and should have done research before going ahead with this purchase.

You could contact @cbcdesign who may be willing to assist privately via a Private Message?

Archived