Central not working.

Hi, So I'm not sure what to do. I'm not even sure how to uninstall central to try re-stalling it. 

This is what I did. 

I copied my N. Cali to a SSD. 

I then made my own Symbolic links. 

Then I updated Central to V 417.  From what ever was the last version I guess. I had installed Keywest no problem. So it's just this version. 

I get an error which states "Orbx Central's Worker failed to Launch. Make sure I have correct requirements". I have an updated Windows build 1903 ( 18362.778 ) 

So the last version worked fine. When I tried to make a new library or edit, or delete, I get an error stating, can't synchronize  with sim. 

I deleted the freeware Ortho for Socal to get ready to download and install your version, which I payed for. But Now I have just stock LA area. 

So I don't know what to do. Maybe uninstall Central? How? Control panel, uninstall programs? 

attached are the Scenery pack.ini, Log.txt, and a screenshot of the error message.  

Dave Cross. 

5eb5d3c720949

Error1.png

scenery_packs.ini Log.txt

To add on this mess, I've been trying to install the other windows requirements, such as the three 

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x64)  etc..  

I have tried to install these, and I get erros saying can not install.  Something about possibly having a new version? 

So I then installed the x64 ones. Should I be installing the x86 versions which I think I had previously?  

What ever the case, I uninstalled the top one, and I guess I need to uninstall them all? 

WHich do i need the x64,  or  x86 versions? I have a program files 86 folder on my main windows drive, so x86? 

Eveverything worked till this 174 version.  I even uninstalled the Orbx Central, and re-downloaded the current installer. I'm still getting the same problems. 

Here is a pic of my current Redistributable

cdis.jpg

I uninstalled the 2015 version and this is the same error i get regardless. But now, i can't even re-download the original 2015 vis redistributes after choosing to uninstalling the one i had.

I guess tomorrow, since i need these files, I'll have to restore an image of my OS. Fun fun.

Dave

load.png

12 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Can you please upload your central.log per the instructions here? 

1st. the log does not show where the instructions say to look. Other than within the actual app. settings/ Help, Otherwise i would of sent it last night. I have uninstalled the the C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017 (x64)  . then reinstalled C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x64)  . Then re-installed the latest C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015-2019 (x64)  version. I uninstalled Orbx Central from the appdata folder path, and re-downloaded the installer from your home page. And again, I get error messages. Attached is the log. Is there a way to completely uninstall Central? When ever I re-install it still has the libraries showing, I just can not delete or add any. Installer are made to easily install addons. Not make them a nightmare to install. You want your installer to look pretty, okay at what cost>? I've read other complaints about this. I'm not the only one. 

Dave

central_log.txt

I have found the %Appdata% folders containing the central files. I have deleted all of those and conducted a fresh install. Still resulting with the same issues. 

So I restored the originals. I also installed .NET Core 3.1 SDK (v3.1.201) - Windows x64 Installer. So I have literally installed and uninstalled everything like 3 times. How do I fix this?

New log attached. 

Dave

central_log.txt

No matter what I do i can not get this to work.  I just spent the last two hours restoring the OS, My C drive image from a back up. Luckily the image was only two weeks old. So only needed to update my antivirus software. So essentially what this means is, all the C++ Redistributables for Visual Studios, all the ones I had prior to this mess are back to the way they were. So this version, I believe was 417 was working fine before. I believe it was this version I used to install Key West without issue. So before I double click on the Central icon to launch it, please give me guidance on how I should proceed as to not waist even more time. 

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Chase1399

Thanks for providing your log file. Can you check if the C:\Users\Chase\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe file exists? When an requesting an installation occurs, this is the process that performs the install. Your log file indicates that this is missing.

2020-05-11T17:02:58.371Z [ERROR] [Central::IpcService] - [Saturn] spawn C:\Users\Chase\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe ENOENT
2020-05-11T17:02:58.371Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - The Orbx Central worker process failed to start as it can't find the binary. You may need to reinstall Orbx Central http://Orbx.to/central

It may be that your anti-virus software has for some reason blocked or quarantined this process preventing any installations. If so, try quarantining the file.

Ok, I guess I will only receive a single reply per day. So here are questions to think about. 

Before I open Central, here's what I have done to get things setup to hopefully work. 

1) Restored my C drive from two weeks ago. So the current Central is probably the same version that was being used in Feb as that's when I installed Key West. 

2.) I added back my own Symbolic links from the original install library of norcal. Should that work, or should i delete them and see if central will add them back on its own? I have two copies of norcal now. one which was in its orig location with all the added folders and files which this installer uses and a copy of just the three scenery files on a new ssd which is where i want to move the library to. Do you think making my own Symbolic links messed this up previously? Should I leave the current Symb. links or delete them?

3) Regarding all the mandatory Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio versions (2015, C++ 2015, 2013 and Redistributable Update 3 RC, ) 

Have these requirements changed within the last few months? Since the release of your Key West, has there been any new required Redistributables or other programs. I ask because if the program was working perfectly for Key West, then there would not be a reason for me to install anything again. I have windows 10 Pro. with everything up to date. The only thing which is not the most current is my graphics driver. I'm running Nivida 442.19 i think. 

4) And yes the file is there. I took a screen shot.  I will turn off my Avast this time. 

orbx3.png

Guest Josh Koz
2 hours ago, Chase1399 said:

2.) I added back my own Symbolic links from the original install library of norcal. Should that work, or should i delete them and see if central will add them back on its own? I have two copies of norcal now. one which was in its orig location with all the added folders and files which this installer uses and a copy of just the three scenery files on a new ssd which is where i want to move the library to. Do you think making my own Symbolic links messed this up previously? Should I leave the current Symb. links or delete them?

Orbx Central should recreate the symlinks on it's own. Moving or symlinking directories within an Orbx Library is likely to cause issues. If you want to move a product to another location you can create a library in that location and move just that product's directory from one library to the other. Then performing a sync simulator in Orbx Central to reset all the symlinks in your simulator.

) Regarding all the mandatory Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio versions (2015, C++ 2015, 2013 and Redistributable Update 3 RC, ) 

Have these requirements changed within the last few months? Since the release of your Key West, has there been any new required Redistributables or other programs. I ask because if the program was working perfectly for Key West, then there would not be a reason for me to install anything again. I have windows 10 Pro. with everything up to date. The only thing which is not the most current is my graphics driver. I'm running Nivida 442.19 i think. 

These requirements haven't changed recently. If Orbx Central worked a month ago, it should still work now.

4) And yes the file is there. I took a screen shot.  I will turn off my Avast this time. 

There has been an instance of Avast affecting the Orbx Central worker process and causing issues with installations. We've reached out to them to have whitelist the Orbx Central worker so it's not incorrectly quarantined. 

17 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

There has been an instance of Avast affecting the Orbx Central worker process and causing issues with installations. We've reached out to them to have whitelist the Orbx Central worker so it's not incorrectly quarantined. 

That was the problem.. That little tidbit of information would of been handy from the beginning lol. Maybe have some sort of warning go out to your customer's email when you push an update when you know there is a possible conflict. This would of saved me hours of trouble shooting knowing to turn it off. 

In any case, I have been able to install the latest scenery and move the NorCal to the new SSD. . Everything looks great!. 

All is well now. Thanks for the Support. 

Dave. 

Archived