Southern California Issues

Some of these are bugs, some are complaints.

- Runways at every airport I've tried are bumpy. KSAN is ridiculously bad to the point of being unusable, lots of "ramps". Good if you're doing motorcycle jumps, bad for airplanes trying to land or take off. Northern California has this issue too (KMRY is a big offender), you said this would be fixed with an update but six months later and so far nothing. This worries me.

- Lots of floating buildings. I see other people reporting this as well. The ones I spotted first were at the north end of Sepulveda Pass.

- No boats at Marina Del Rey. Some marinas have lots of boats, others have zero.

- Why no Disneyland? Orbx Florida has an amazingly modeled Disney World, So Cal Disneyland is a few generic autogen buildings.

@Tony Wroblewski @Greg Jones There are lots of reports of bumpy airports in SoCal some deemed by users as unusable. I have explained that all the airports are default and that default airports are designed to work with default scenery. I am assuming it is a difference in mesh from default mesh to the mesh on SoCal.

Would you mind giving a more detailed explanation and also any possible remedies.

I have suggested installing freeware versions to overwrite the default airport or users to flatten the runways via WED. How to do that is easy and guides are availab

3 hours ago, SimCaesar said:

Some of these are bugs, some are complaints.

- Runways at every airport I've tried are bumpy. KSAN is ridiculously bad to the point of being unusable, lots of "ramps". Good if you're doing motorcycle jumps, bad for airplanes trying to land or take off. Northern California has this issue too (KMRY is a big offender), you said this would be fixed with an update but six months later and so far nothing. This worries me.

- Lots of floating buildings. I see other people reporting this as well. The ones I spotted first were at the north end of Sepulveda Pass.

- No boats at Marina Del Rey. Some marinas have lots of boats, others have zero.

- Why no Disneyland? Orbx Florida has an amazingly modeled Disney World, So Cal Disneyland is a few generic autogen buildings.

Your other post answers this as i gave a  link to a good freeware version.

The same floating buildings in the hills at the north of Beverly Hills (Beverly Ridge Estates, Beverly Park, Franklin Canyon Park...

There is also an "aerial" railway just at the south of Hawthorne Muni (KHHR)

I don't know if  am the only one, but I have numbers of x-plane crashes in South California, never in North California (same settings and same planes)

I have noticed that a number of airports are not 3D, just flat images.  I went to KHAF, assuming it would have a decent representation, but there are no buildings, just runways and taxiways.  I then went to KHWD, not too far away, and it was the same situation.  Here is what KHAF looked like.  It is surrounded by 3D buildings, but none at the airports.  Both of these are 3D airports in x-Plane 11.  If this has been covered elsewhere, my apologies.  Wasn't sure how to do a search for this.

khaf.thumb.jpg.679ef936658cc19884a10ebe75c57da9.jpg

7 hours ago, wilson said:

I have noticed that a number of airports are not 3D, just flat images.  I went to KHAF, assuming it would have a decent representation, but there are no buildings, just runways and taxiways.  I then went to KHWD, not too far away, and it was the same situation.  Here is what KHAF looked like.  It is surrounded by 3D buildings, but none at the airports.  Both of these are 3D airports in x-Plane 11.  If this has been covered elsewhere, my apologies.  Wasn't sure how to do a search for this.

khaf.thumb.jpg.679ef936658cc19884a10ebe75c57da9.jpg

Please attach your scenery_packs.ini as it looks to me like a layering issue .

I don't see what you are seeing. I see buildings, although it is  pretty poor rendition of the airport !

Here is my view. All the buildings seem to have white roofs'

Capture3.thumb.JPG.31700b001e8ba649687c6fe746bba07c.JPG

Thanks for the quick response, Jon.  And when you are at ground level, all of those airport buildings are 3D?  Looking straight down at that altitude, I can't tell.  As you can see in my screenshot, the airport buildings are flat 2D, while everything around the airport is 3D.

I wonder if my install didn't work correctly.  I'll run xOrganizer see what I get.  The only thing I can think of is that scenery_packs.ini  needs some work after the install.

56 minutes ago, wilson said:

Thanks for the quick response, Jon.  And when you are at ground level, all of those airport buildings are 3D?  Looking straight down at that altitude, I can't tell.  As you can see in my screenshot, the airport buildings are flat 2D, while everything around the airport is 3D.

I wonder if my install didn't work correctly.  I'll run xOrganizer see what I get.  The only thing I can think of is that scenery_packs.ini  needs some work after the install.

Yes all 3D buildings.

Attach your scenery_packs. Use x-organiser after I have checked it and done any necessary changes. X-Organiser does not always place Orbx scenery correctly.

I agree with you about xOrganizer.  Sometimes it creates more problems than it solves.

I decided to delete scenery_packs.ini , restart xPlane and let it rebuild the file.  That has solved the problem.  I am not sure what caused the problem, but all airports that are suppose to have now do have 3D object.  Strange.

Thanks for your help, Jon.

Wilson

Archived