Runways not flat...

The runways are 'jagged' in the new XP 11 TrueEarth SoCal. The runway just seems to drop 3 feet or so (1M) every now and then, depending on the airport and terrain. I installed it on a fresh install of XP11, so I'm thinking that I'm not doing anything wrong... But who knows!

Any tips are appreciated! I'm REALLY happy that you released this product. It's an amazing addition to the PilotEdge coverage area. Thanks!

Ron

1 hour ago, suspman said:

I've taken off or landed at at least a dozen random airports in socal and not had a single problem with bumps so I'm guessing there's something interfering with your scenery. Give me an example of a bad one and I'll take a look for you.

KSEE... Again, it's a FRESH install of x-plane and Orbx...

There maybe some issues with some default airports with the mesh used in default scenery vs mesh in SoCal.

There are ways to flatten these bumps and this Google search leads to you several ways described ib the X-Plane.org forum

One way is to open the Resources/default scenery/default apt.dat and in the Edit section of Notepad write for example KSEE. When found you can enter the line 1302 flatten, but I strongly suggest you read the various links about how to go about this in the XP forums at X-Plane.org 

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+flatten+runways+in+plane+11&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB898GB898&oq=How+to+flatten+runways+in+XPlane&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33.11907j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Archived