Northern California installation

Hi.

I have tried 5 times to install the Califonia scenery on my computer, but unfortunately the installation is half done each time. Please let me know how I can solve this problem. I enclose the photo of my screen on which the installation hangs. Sincerely yours. Farhad

041BFDFE-C039-4E8C-918D-3B8303AC306B.jpeg

Welcome

The download and installation can take more than 1 hour minimum depending on the capability and speed of your Internet and the read/write speed of you disk drives.

I suggest you let the installation run for at least 1-1.5 hours and then see if it installs. There are periods in the installation process where it may appear to be hanging but is not really.

I suggest you you run the installer again, wait for at least the time I mentioned. If it appears to still be hung then Close down Orbx central and reboot your PC. Reopen Orbx central and see if it continues the installation. If it doesn't then attach your Orbx central Log file which is available via Orbx Central/settings/help as shown in the pic below.

I also suggest you read if not already done so, the link on installing True Earth addons:

2.thumb.JPG.d2b85f66f78b7a8d04c201c3d2a84dd4.JPG

Hi Jon.
First very very  good experience with the scenery of southern England, then very very bad experience with southern California. A total of 2 days without results and much tired. I actually wanted to buy washington scenery too, but now I'm afraid that something will happen again. I hereby send you the log file. thank you for your help. Farhad

log.txt.zip

5 hours ago, Farhad said:

Hi Jon.
First very very  good experience with the scenery of southern England, then very very bad experience with southern California. A total of 2 days without results and much tired. I actually wanted to buy washington scenery too, but now I'm afraid that something will happen again. I hereby send you the log file. thank you for your help. Farhad

log.txt.zip 2.7 MB · 0 downloads

Before I pass the log file to the Orbx central team to look at. I need some more details from you please.

Have you read the link I gave you about installing True Earth addons?

The important parts are regarding the amount of free disk space you have on the disk drives that you are downloading onto and the disk drive you are wanting to install onto.

I need to know the free space you have on your C drive and the free space you have on the drive you want to install onto.Also where is your Temp folder located. By default it will be on your C drive?

You will find the location of your C drive by opening Orbx Central/settings/downloader as exampled in my attached pic. You see in my pic that I have moved my Temp folder to my much larger E drive If you don't have at least 330GB of free space on your Temp folder drive and at least 240GB+ on the drive you want to install onto. Do you have the required space?

Capture.thumb.JPG.260c1be966df48f24f0945c2b84c1d67.JPG

Archived