Scenery.cfg layer number shift

Good day,

I have updated my P3D v5 to the new hotfix by following the recommended procedure: uninstalling the whole P3D and reinstalling it from scratch. Prior to that I also uninstalled each of my add-ons including Orbx. I also deleted the Prepar3D.cfg and the scenery.cfg files.

Now I just installed P3D v5 HF1 and I can see that the Orbx installer messes the layer numbers in scenery.cfg when installing products. The first shift appears on the Area005 which for some reason has the layer 6 attributed while it was 5 before Orbx adds entries into that file.  

[Area.004]
Title=0001 Base
Local=Scenery\0001
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=4

[Area.005]
Title=0002 Base
Local=Scenery\0002
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=6

Then it becomes worse when arriving to Orbx products :

[Area.131]
Title=Randolph_AFB
Local=Scenery\Cities\KRND_Randolph_AFB
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=132

[Area.132]
Title=Orbx!OPENLC_zBASE
Local=Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_AA
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=137

This annoying shift has a side effect with some installers of other sceneries (mostly JetStream design in my case) that see the scenery.cfg file as "corrupted" when the layer incrementation is not +1. Thus I have to make the modification by myself and it is a bit annoying. Do someone has any clue on that topic ?

Take care,

Hello Nick,

No problem in the game as far as I can see.

However this makes some 3rd party installers not working well. Not sure if the layer number check is relevant or not... I guess that if they are doing it there might be a reason ? 

Archived