No partial Nevada coverage area in Xplane True Earth SoCal

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for TE SoCal area.  I can finally enjoy most of the area in Pilotedge now (as my sub is only the ZLA for now).  Super excited for this.

Just noticed the coverage area in the announcement thread; that Las Vegas is not in the coverage area, unlike the FTX SoCal which has Las Vegas.  I am assuming down the road that there will be some coverage area for that.  

I do get that the fact Las Vegas is in the state of Nevada.  You guys really did California fully this time...last time partial Nevada was a freebie bonus :lol:

I guess that part will have default Xplane11 for the ZLA Coverage.....lol

Seriously - Thank you again

Lasvegas.jpg

Wondering how you like it?  I am a PE zla user as well.  I have Ortho too but I can't remember which tiles are which (to delete them).  I also have TE Washington HD so I'll be deleting that to make room for SoCal.

How's the performance is what I'm mainly thinking?

4 hours ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

The problem with this area in Nevada is the huge military zone to the north of Las Vegas, which in most sources is completely blacked out or unavailable.

Can you guys just remove the bases and put the desert or mark Area 51 with ufos lol (I totally vote for UFO Autogen with Orbx Alien Flow)

How was the original Orbx FTX SoCal done?

Getting this area covered will make the entire ZLA coverage perfect for Pilotedge.  

Right now I will have to create some orthos for few tiles to make this join with TE SoCal - which just would not match.  

Complete ZLA coverage will probably make the defacto addon for Pilotedge....TE is so realistic looking.

1 minute ago, Airwolf said:

Can you guys just remove the bases and put the desert or mark Area 51 with ufos lol (I totally vote for UFO Autogen with Orbx Alien Flow)

Who said there aren't UFOs there? Remember Nessie at at Loch Ness in GB North, seek and you shall find ;)

2 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

How was the original Orbx FTX SoCal done?

It's a landclass region, so it's not aerial imagery but approximately what is there (Which to be honest is just desert). You may also have problems creating your own orthos to cover the area depending on the source as many of them suffer the same problem of blacked out areas. It always amazes me that these areas are clearly visible in Google/Bing, but official government or commercial data is blacked out. I'll never pretend to understand the logic behind this, but that's a topic for another day.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

Who said there aren't UFOs there? Remember Nessie at at Loch Ness in GB North, seek and you shall find ;)

It's a landclass region, so it's not aerial imagery but approximately what is there (Which to be honest is just desert). You may also have problems creating your own orthos to cover the area depending on the source as many of them suffer the same problem of blacked out areas. It always amazes me that these areas are clearly visible in Google/Bing, but official government or commercial data is blacked out. I'll never pretend to understand the logic behind this, but that's a topic for another day.

I do remember Nessie - omg now I have to hunt for the UFOs - gonna find this easter egg now.

I really do not want to make my own orthos etc (it was always so so) - hence I just waited for you guys do it - makes my life easier.  Any thoughts of making a freeware pack or something to get the KLAS area into the TE Socal.  Or even using public data vs commercial data to make it (if its free...I am sure you guys can get away with pubic google data).  

3 minutes ago, Airwolf said:

Or even using public data vs commercial data to make it (if its free...I am sure you guys can get away with pubic google data).  

We're always looking at ways to cover this, but it has to be viable and of course legal :-). We of course can't legally use Bing/Google imagery, so I can't comment on that, but we're always looking at ways to cover areas that are otherwise very difficult to obtain. Nevada is a difficult state to cover, but if the demand is there it's something we'll work around somehow and bring. It's a region I'd personally love to make as it has a certain appeal to it

7 minutes ago, Tony Wroblewski said:

We're always looking at ways to cover this, but it has to be viable and of course legal :-). We of course can't legally use Bing/Google imagery, so I can't comment on that, but we're always looking at ways to cover areas that are otherwise very difficult to obtain. Nevada is a difficult state to cover, but if the demand is there it's something we'll work around somehow and bring. It's a region I'd personally love to make as it has a certain appeal to it

I look forward for you and your team to come up with something for this area.  TE Nevada (and TE Colorado) will be awesome, we all will get full Grand Canyon with the full Orbx TE treatment.

Will bug you guys time to time to get these regions covered in TE (See my old posts requesting SRM FTX regions for years) :lol:

Archived