Hey all. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but just wondered if any other scenery add ons would conflict with Orbx. 

I have GB South scenery installed and want to install some freeware scenery for a different part of the world which requires some libraries from MisterX. Would this affect the Orbx scenery? 

thanks.

6 hours ago, Andy4737 said:

Hey all. Not sure if this is the right place to ask but just wondered if any other scenery add ons would conflict with Orbx. 

I have GB South scenery installed and want to install some freeware scenery for a different part of the world which requires some libraries from MisterX. Would this affect the Orbx scenery? 

thanks.

No, not at all. However the layering of your addons in your scenery_packs.ini is of utmost importance and if not correctly layered will potentially cause issues. if layered correctly then no issues at all.

I list here in order of correct layering sequence from Top to bottom for your guidance when you install "other" addons. If you get issues then give me a shout and I will assist and correct for you.

1. 3rd party airports

2. Global Airports

3. Orbx True Earth addons

4. XP LandMarks, except London which should go directly below Global Airports and just above TEGB South if you have TEGB South installed.

5. Cityscapes, scenery enhancement addons like X-Europe, SFD Global, Japan Pro etc

6. All your libraries like MisterX, open scenery etc

7. Orho4xp Overlays

8. Ortho4xp ortho files (imagery)

9. Any 3rd party worldwide mesh like Airpilot HD Mesh and/or UHD Mesh.

18 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

No, not at all. However the layering of your addons in your scenery_packs.ini is of utmost importance and if not correctly layered will potentially cause issues. if layered correctly then no issues at all.

I list here in order of correct layering sequence from Top to bottom for your guidance when you install "other" addons. If you get issues then give me a shout and I will assist and correct for you.

1. 3rd party airports

2. Global Airports

3. Orbx True Earth addons

4. XP LandMarks, except London which should go directly below Global Airports and just above TEGB South if you have TEGB South installed.

5. Cityscapes, scenery enhancement addons like X-Europe, SFD Global, Japan Pro etc

6. All your libraries like MisterX, open scenery etc

7. Orho4xp Overlays

8. Ortho4xp ortho files (imagery)

9. Any 3rd party worldwide mesh like Airpilot HD Mesh and/or UHD Mesh.

Awesome thanks for the info it’s really helpful. 

Archived