Leed Bradford EGNM Apron Performance Extremely Poor

Dav555

has anyone got a fix or workaround for the extremely poor performance when when on the apron at this airport. 

Stutters and jumps like mad when taxiing in any aircraft but mainly zibo. Fps is mid to late 20s in VR. 

Performance is fine once I leave apron and get on taxiway or runway but beginning to feel like this product isn't usable. 

Anyone else experience this?  For reference my EGNX is fine. 

It's a very demanding area around the terminal as noted previously and really needs adjustments in the settings. The link below is offering some assistance especially if you  are using an addon like X-Vision. I also use the 3jfps tool linked also below.

As far as I know there is no further support given by Gaya who made the airport but you could try their support page.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/297-gaya-simulations-support/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/43281-3jfps-wizard11/

What adjustments are you talking about in settings?  I assume you are referring to Orbx settings and not xp?  My xp settings are med for World objects and high for texture quality. 

I have a high end system in 4990k 1080ti and run fairly Conservative settings yet this still under performs at this airport vr or no vr. 

I've tried autolod, 3jfps, vmwtwick, and other settings.lua files around of forums and not of them can deal with this airport. 

Not sure how it passed Orbx own QA process..

I guess I need to log a formal support ticket otherwise they will never fix it?

The settings are in XP and on the graphics (left side of settings page). I have a 1080ti also and unless I adjust Texture Quality and AA I get poor performance at the terminals. I actually agree that the performance is poor in that location for some reason and have asked several times why it is so. Was it the PBR aspects at the terminal that causes the fps impact. X-Vision can increase system demands if X-Vision is in use.

Just try swapping round your settings regarding Texture Quality and World Objects. Lower the Texture Quality and max the World Objects. I know VR is also demanding but I cannot comment on that as i don't use it.

I made a mistake in my last post. My system is an i9 9900k. 

My world objects is Med. If i change it to low terminal building disappear from some airports

Tweaking these settings didn't really make it usable. 

I think Orbx need to add some customisation and settings inside their app to include or exclude big performance hitting objects. 

I'm not sure how they can justify selling this particular airport. Egnx and lowi both perform acceptable for me. Just not this one. 

8 hours ago, Dav555 said:

I made a mistake in my last post. My system is an i9 9900k. 

My world objects is Med. If i change it to low terminal building disappear from some airports

Tweaking these settings didn't really make it usable. 

I think Orbx need to add some customisation and settings inside their app to include or exclude big performance hitting objects. 

I'm not sure how they can justify selling this particular airport. Egnx and lowi both perform acceptable for me. Just not this one. 

It is the graphics side of things that need adjusting. I only mentioned World Objects because I was assuming your had TEGB Central and the TEseries really needs to have world Objects at max. 

Texture Quality and AA, on the Graphics side are fps eaters, and reflections on the CPU side. You have a system that should be able to deal with that by adjusting settings accordingly.

I agree a control panel to offer lesser graphic spec autogen, especially the terminal building is one i would endorse.

@Greg Jones for comment please. Greg there has always been a problem with being directly parked at a ramp and apron area facing the Terminal building in this airport.To  have to lower settings for the brief periods of facing the terminal either at a start of a flight or landing and making way to the ramps at the terminal is not really the best solution. Can anything be done?

I've stopped flying in to EGNM because of the performance also in VR. I run TEGB south, north & central with modest settings and don't see this issue at any other Orbx airport or anywhere else. I'm hoping we may gain some performance ground with Vulkan as EGNM is a nice airport I enjoyed flying in and out of.

20 hours ago, Dazzleruk said:

I've stopped flying in to EGNM because of the performance also in VR. I run TEGB south, north & central with modest settings and don't see this issue at any other Orbx airport or anywhere else. I'm hoping we may gain some performance ground with Vulkan as EGNM is a nice airport I enjoyed flying in and out of.

I use Vulkan in 11.50b6 and I attach pics to show you performance levels. @dav55 Your use of a high demand (lots of PBR) airport in a higher demand plane, Zibo, and in VR are all adding to the fps performance. I am not disagreeing that there are performance issues right in front of the Terminal and i have addressed that to Greg.

However, if you try 11.50 Vulkan you will not see the performance issues you are having. 

i did not Update 11.40/41 but i chose to install a 2nd copy. Updated that copy to allow beta versions, and then I removed 95% of the files from the new installation and symbolic linked all my 11.40 Custom Scenery, Global Scenery, Aircraft, Airfoils etc. Works like a charm and the the new installation of 11.50b6 is 6GB. I therefore have hardly used any additional space on my Disk drive versus installing everything again into the new version. I also recently adopted using the 3jffps tool.

You may wish to try that?

I show 3 pics, 2 at the terminal with the marshal and one of my settings which are much higher than your from what you tell me. The reflections in the terminal windows in red are the labels of aircraft from Traffic Global which I also had running plus 4 other plugins.

The FPS readings are top left of screen so view the pics in full screen:

Capture.thumb.JPG.a8fa2dd284c73aa9be686643f7bc5197.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.7d3c64cb54452e7d8304b59f0224a79f.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.e801f770e7cab672484d98698abad6c6.JPG

Good idea on the use of symbolic links.

I'm using vulkan b6 and still have the performance issues even with vulkan turned on. Maybe I should try turning texture quality down. I don't have any AA on. My world objects are medium and do use TEGB and seem to get on OK with medium. 

I'm running a full 2nd copy to access the beta but after b6 it seems pretty stable so I may delete my old and stick with b6. 

Archived