Orbx Alderney and UK2000 Guernsey and Jersey

After installing Orbx Alderney in EU England the UK2000 Guernsey and Jersey aerodrome elevations appear to be all wrong. On the UK2000 forum (see attached pdf file) someone reported the exact same problem in P3dv4.5. The UK2000 administrator advised to contact Orbx for help. So I scoured this forum without however finding the hoped for solution. I have all the UK2000 aerodromes installed in FSX-SE as well as the Orbx EU Ireland, -Wales and -Scotland sceneries. None of these UK2000 airfileds cause any problems for as far as I have tested them until now. I've include screenshots of both Guernsey and Jersey to make visual the problems and also Alderney which scenery is correct and a splendid rendition indeed of this island. Having often flown to these islands IRL I especially hope that someone will come up with a solution.

Alderney 1.JPG

Alderney 2.JPG

Guernsey 1.JPG

Guernsey 2.JPG

Jersey 1.JPG

Jersey 2.JPG

Channel Islands.pdf

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

I am surprised to read that no one at the UK 2000 forum recognised this problem which is as old as the products themselves.

Both Orbx airports have elevation adjustment files in scenery\world\scenery which are incompatible with the UK 2000 airports.

You might also need to disable the airports' files in EU England but try the elevation adjustment files first.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm afraid I''ll need more help though. I've attached a number of screen prints named Orbx 1-6 which will hopefully help to explain my problem.

Orbx 1 is what I found in scenery\world\scenery containing the elevation adjustment files which I believe you refer to.

Orbx 2 and -3 picture my main problem; i have no idea how I can adjust the elevation here. 

Orbx 4 and 5 I found in FTX_EU in Orbx 6. Are these the files that I need to remove or rename?

Hope I made my problem clear and that you can help.

Kind regards,

Anthony Bosveld

orbx 1.JPG

orbx 2.JPG

orbx 3.JPG

orbx 4.JPG

orbx 5.JPG

orbx 6.JPG

Hello,

I see that the EGJA elevation adjustment file is already disabled.

Any ADE_FTX elevation adjustment files to be found in the scenery\world\scenery folder that share an ICAO code

with any UK 2000 airport versions need to be disabled.

This does not mean opened but it means that they should be either removed from the folder or renamed, so that their

extensions are .bgl.off. This makes them invisible to the simulator which cannot see .off files.

You should do the same to the six ADE_FTX_ENG files that you found in the 05/scenery folder and of course to any

others with conflicting ICAO codes.

Archived