P3D v5 - Cityscape Honolulu Stuttering

Hello everyone it's great to be here,

So I'm having this issue with PHNL, I can get great performance on my computer at most payware airports and with scenery and autogen maxed out. I can get 60 FPS at other Orbx airports, however it's only with PHNL Orbx Honolulu Cityscape that I can't get rid of a certain stutter that happens when I'm flying here... Is there something that has yet to be optimized for P3D V5? I'm getting a solid 60 FPS all throughout the island and it doesn't move from 60, but maybe once every minute a stutter appears.

I am running on the following:

Z370F Motherboard

8700K 4.8GHz Stable

32GB RAM DDR4

GTX1080Ti FTW3

NVME SSD 970 EVO

I''ve set my settings to the recommended settings in the provided PDF File by Orbx for this particular scenery but it doesn't fix the problem.

If I remove the scenery the stutter goes away and I even have FSDT PHNL installed as well, with just the airport installed there's no stuttering.

I'm hoping maybe there's something that can be tweaked and an update released to fix this issue. The scenery itself is wonderful and I am really loving it!

Thanks!

6 hours ago, PilotRaider14 said:

Is there something that has yet to be optimized for P3D V5?

I'm glad that you like CS Honolulu :) (as long as it runs smoothly - I feel your pain with my gtx1080 ...). Did you already check if you are getting stutters with FSDT PHNL disabled? FSDT recommend being careful with settings regarding their v5 airport updates. Since the current version of P3Dv5 uses lots of VRAM, things could get tight when running CS Honolulu + FSDT PHNL. However, it's no secret that LM are working on a hotfix and I would like to wait for the final version before touching, for example, the texturing system of CS Honolulu.
Apart from that there are a few minor issues regarding bridges and duplicated buildings around PHNL which will be fixed soon.

On 4/27/2020 at 5:05 AM, Frank Schnibben said:

I'm glad that you like CS Honolulu :) (as long as it runs smoothly - I feel your pain with my gtx1080 ...). Did you already check if you are getting stutters with FSDT PHNL disabled? FSDT recommend being careful with settings regarding their v5 airport updates. Since the current version of P3Dv5 uses lots of VRAM, things could get tight when running CS Honolulu + FSDT PHNL. However, it's no secret that LM are working on a hotfix and I would like to wait for the final version before touching, for example, the texturing system of CS Honolulu.
Apart from that there are a few minor issues regarding bridges and duplicated buildings around PHNL which will be fixed soon.

Hi, thanks for replying back! I tried it with all combinations possible.

One thing I did notice is that after installing EZDok camera beta, it made the sim a lot smoother, but I do still run into the stutter every once in a while. There's also an invisible wall at the Marine Corps Air Station Airport. And yes, I've also seen that there's floating buildings throughout the map that aren't sitting on the terrain. I look forward to the fixes, you guys are doing amazing work, thanks for all that you do!

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2020 at 8:35 PM, PilotRaider14 said:

Hi, thanks for replying back! I tried it with all combinations possible.

One thing I did notice is that after installing EZDok camera beta, it made the sim a lot smoother, but I do still run into the stutter every once in a while. There's also an invisible wall at the Marine Corps Air Station Airport. And yes, I've also seen that there's floating buildings throughout the map that aren't sitting on the terrain. I look forward to the fixes, you guys are doing amazing work, thanks for all that you do!

I think this is some bug in v5 in combination with addon sceneries. I also got stuttering in particular flying at the coast. I found out that the resolution slider (the last slider) should not maxed out, the fps become unstable. Turn the slider a step down at 15m or in some cases 30m.. try it

Archived