Move Lib to new drive

kaha

Hello,

I need to move my P3D V5 Orbx Library to a new drive. Here is what I did:

I changed the location from C:\Users\myself\Orbx Library (this is the default installation path) to E:\Orbx Libraries (a folder created by me). Nothing happened. Content has not been copied, everything worked in sim as before.

How can I move the library?

Thx,

Karl

Screenshot (522).png

Hello Karl,

1. Go to Settings > Libraries.
2. Note the directory of the library you’d like to move.
3. Remove the Orbx Central library that you would like to move (remember: this doesn’t delete the actual files).
4. Close Central by right-clicking on the tray and selecting “quit”.
5. Create a new and empty directory in the new location.
6. Start Central again
7. Open Settings, and then the Libraries page
8. Press ‘Create New Library’
9. Select the new library location, give it a name and then press ‘Save’.  << You seem to have gone this far.
10. Move the files from your original library into the new location. DO NOT amend the file structure. This step may take a while depending on your disk speed.
11. Delete the original library and all of its files from your disk drive. (edited) 

After copying over, Orbx Central showed the new library path correctly along with its size on disk. However, after starting up the sim Orbx scenery wasn't shown. I then quit the sim, started Central and touched the Library insertion points. I think this was necessary. All Orbx addons had to be enabled again and then everything worked.

Thx,

Karl

Archived